Thread: ar15 free float rail

Default ar15 free float rail

I would like to install a Daniel Defense LiteRail 9.0 onto a DSarms ZM-4 upper receiver that has a standard front sight post and mid-length handguards. I have a Yankee Hill gas block with flip up front sight to go onto it as well.

How do you remove the Delta Ring and do I need any special tools?

Is there a local place to Eagle River/Anchorage that can do this or is it something simple enough that I can do it myself?

Also, I have a Rock River Arms bolt carrier group that will be going in it. Do I need to do any headspacing?

This is my first build so forgive me if my questions seem a little "novice" in nature.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerheave View Post
    I would like to install a Daniel Defense LiteRail 9.0 onto a DSarms ZM-4 upper receiver that has a standard front sight post and mid-length handguards. I have a Yankee Hill gas block with flip up front sight to go onto it as well.

How do you remove the Delta Ring and do I need any special tools?

Is there a local place to Eagle River/Anchorage that can do this or is it something simple enough that I can do it myself?

Also, I have a Rock River Arms bolt carrier group that will be going in it. Do I need to do any headspacing?

This is my first build so forgive me if my questions seem a little "novice" in nature.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    You can remove the Delta Ring with an armorers wrench, and an action vise.

It is simple enough, if you have the proper tools. Without the right tools its a frustrating pain (as with most things).

If the RRA bcg is new (in spec) and the barrel is new (in spec) then you don't need to headspace the barrel. If either of them are out of spec then you'll have trouble. If in doubt skip the diy stuff and take it to a local gunsmith. Any of the guys in town could do the work for you.

www.ar15.com has several tutorials that are worth reading. It's a huge site, and tough to navigate at first, but there are screen-by-screen posts on just about anything that you would want to do with an AR.

Good luck.

Nate

$50 install for both, bring it by. Cheaper than buying an action block and barrel but wrench

You should have no problem with headpsace

ive been told by some others I work with to bring it by your store as well. The Upper is on back order right now but i should be getting it in the mail in the next week to 10 days. Once I have everything, Ill stop by.

Thanks for the help.

Steve at Alaska Tactical put my Daniel Defense Omega X rail on, and it went great. I think it was $40, but I don't remember for sure. That included taking off the front sight, delta and barrel nut, putting the DD nut on, and the sight and rail on.

I didn't have to buy an armorer's tool, action block, front sight block, or worry about getting it back together correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerheave View Post
    ive been told by some others I work with to bring it by your store as well. The Upper is on back order right now but i should be getting it in the mail in the next week to 10 days. Once I have everything, Ill stop by.

Thanks for the help.
    cOOL. wE HAVE AMMO ON SALE TOO FOR YOUR NEW TOY