Thread: Fairbanks handguns

Default Fairbanks handguns

My daughter lives in Fairbanks and is looking for a handgun for self protection, is there any shops she could find one used??

Arctic Gunworks has a few used handguns for somewhat reasonable prices. I hate recommending them because the shop owner is one of the rudest guys I've ever met, but it's one of the only places here that sells used guns. It's located directly behind the University Avenue Safeway. Also, there is a gun show at the UAF Patty Center this weekend (April 24th-25th) she might want to check out.

Is Down Under guns still around? Way back when they had some used handguns for sale on consignment.

If there is a show a UAF I would recommend that as well. Could end up in a no paperwork sale situation.

There is that large pawn shop on Airport Way that had handguns as well. Its been a few years since I was in there, but they were not too pricey. I typically stay away from pawn shops since they think their rusted out 870's have the same value as a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Is Down Under guns still around? Way back when they had some used handguns for sale on consignment.

If there is a show a UAF I would recommend that as well. Could end up in a no paperwork sale situation.

There is that large pawn shop on Airport Way that had handguns as well. Its been a few years since I was in there, but they were not too pricey. I typically stay away from pawn shops since they think their rusted out 870's have the same value as a new one.

Down Under Guns closed, unfortunately. I think you're referring to Two Dice Pawn Shop. I've never been in there; I've heard it's sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Arctic Gunworks has a few used handguns for somewhat reasonable prices. I hate recommending them because the shop owner is one of the rudest guys I've ever met, but it's one of the only places here that sells used guns. It's located directly behind the University Avenue Safeway. Also, there is a gun show at the UAF Patty Center this weekend (April 24th-25th) she might want to check out.
    I can second that.

She can find what she wants at Patty Center, the problem will be most of the firearms are dealers' shops at tables, selling for 15-25% more than in their retail shops. She'll have to carefully shop. She can also look at the ads in the paper, and check the bulletin boards at Freddies and the other big-box stores.

It was a sad day when Down Under closed.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default thanks

Thanks guys, I will be in FRBKs this weekend if all goes as planned and will take in the gun show myself!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

there is also 6th avenue guns off noble st has used guns been some time since i was in there but he has always been a nice guy
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    there is also 6th avenue guns off noble st has used guns been some time since i was in there but he has always been a nice guy

Yeah, that is Alaska Guns & AMMO and the owner is Steve he's a right friendly guy and helpful. I would suggest trying that place he has a good selection of handguns, usually and he will likely be set up at the gun show.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Is your daughter still looking for a handgun

If she hasn't found what she's looking for she can shoot me a email. I have a few used guns in stock and I'm a dealer on top of that. So if I don't have it I can get it for her. And no my prices aren't MSRP or even close to it on a lot of stuff. I hope to have a shop on the ground by the end of the year. If I don't have what your looking for I'll have it in a couple days.

hayessportinggoods@gmail.com