Thread: Who is absoletely positively running to the Koyukuk, or further

Default Who is absoletely positively running to the Koyukuk, or further

Thought we could have a thread where eveyone could exchange dates and open seats available on running the Yukon from the bridge to the Koyukuk, or even further down river to Kaltag or beyond. Perhaps folks could co-ordinate dates so to run together in case of breakdowns. That and if anyone has an open seat in exchange for a fair share of gas money. Personaly, I am interested in finding an open seat. I have an Achilles 11' and 15hp 2 stroke (200 combined pounds) plus minimal gear weight wise - Kifaru 8 man tipi and Mt House meals. I am looking to hunt from 'about' the 10th to 'about' the 23rd, then get back to Galena and fly meat/gear back to town. Pm or drop a line if you are open to the idea of discussing this.

Default koyukuk

Me and my buddy will be running down there on either the 1-2 September as I drew the early hunt DM828.We would like to run with someone if all possible as it is our first time running down that far on the Yukon. Also as mentioned above in case of a breakdown or emergency would be very helpful.If anybody is interested please pm me.

Thanks Much,Big 27
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

I know this isnt what you want, but, I would love to tag along with someone who has room on their boat. I am pretty self sufficient. I would pay for my share of fuel, food, boat expense, etc. If weight is an issue I could fly to Galena and jump on there. PM me if interested.

I will be heading down down river, from the bridge, on or about the 13th (DM830). My boat is full, for now.

Default Definitly hunting (DM830) in mid-sept.

Myself and two others will be leaving the Yukon river bridge I'll say on the 14th. We plan on being approx. 180 miles up the Koyukuk on the 16th. This will be my fourth trip in and we will be archery hunting. We may have company from another party which drew DM812 but it's always good to know who else will be on the river during that time. Mechanical problems are always the big concern. We broke a steering gearbox on our last trip out. We were able to disassemble and flip the gear over while anchored in the Yukon. It's a balancing act to be as prepared as possible without overloading your boat. The advice I got before our first trip was go in like you were sheep hunting.

This thread should be titled any open seats available for the Koyukuk instead.

Works for me, but I can't edit the thread. Anyway, I figgure with the offer to chip in for $6-7 river gas, there might could be some open seats becomming available. Still curious if anyone is running to Kaltag or further. Bump