Thread: Barney Pack Frame tube diameters

Default Barney Pack Frame tube diameters

Good evening,

Would anyone who has a Barney's pack frame provide the frame tube diameters...the main frame tubing and the removeable overhead portion (smaller diameter)?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

yhc

7/8 for the main frame, 5/8 for the top tube. Roughly converted off a dial caliper from readings of .870 and .645 respectively.

Default Thank you

Thanks for the prompt reply 58D and info. Have a great day.

Regards,

yhc

Anybody out there do any modifications to their Barney's pack?

Default Soon

I am thinking about taking off the middle pocket on the back and using the material to make a shelf. I have a Pinnacle and a shelf would support those water jugs I carry around this time of year. This wouldn't add any weight and I could use the zipper for an access under the shelf. Basically I would like the Barneys frame with a larger version of the Dana Design Astraplane bag. So far I haven't been able bring myself to cutting into my bag yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Anybody out there do any modifications to their Barney's pack?
    I bought a frame at the GASS. I'll be doing what i did to my last frame before I sold it. I'll be drilling holes right below the 90 degree bends on my top bar so I can slide the top bar all the way into the frames large vertical tubes and re-pinned so I don't have that large bar sticking up so high until I really need it. If course if I was to use it for a backpack hunt and not just hauling moose quarter and what not I'd leave the top bar off all together.