Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track my kodiak hunt

Default Track my kodiak hunt

I am leaving this Saturday evening from North Pole to go on a Kodiak Brown Bear hunt. Here is a link to track my hunt if anyone wants to check it out. I will be using the new SPOT Messenger. The link is deactivated right now. I will activate it Saturday.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...YghZEv4rDlyzvh
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Default interesting but....are you sure

That's kind of cool to think about but,

Are you sure you want people doing that? Do you realize what they did to most of us Commercial Longline Fisherman,

Now it is Law that you have on board a Vessel Monitoring System, (GPS wired device to track OUR EVERY MOVE) Just to make sure nobody is over the line,

Wouldn't that be a cool way to make sure hunters are where they are supposed to be????????

The Feds paid for the initial units but we have to pay the subscription costs FOREVER, just to go out there and try to catch fish.

I am hopefully joking around here, Good Hunting to ya, NP. (and carry good maps!!)

PS I hear some good Bears are coming in, four so far,
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Indeed it sounds like a fun thing to do, and if its live I'll tune in. Remember the ADF&G will be tracking you as well.

Have a safe and successful trip.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

I'll tune in. What tag were you drawn for?

I've been watching my brother's hunt for a few days now. He programmed his help button as the "bear down" button, but I haven't seen that one come up on the screen yet.

Good luck to you!

(I'll be carrying my Spot on my bear hunt this weekend as well, but since it's not in a drawing permit area, I'll be keeping that one under wraps. )

Brian I believe moderators need to be held to a higher standard so a full disclosure policy should be instated immediately

Good luck to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Brian I believe moderators need to be held to a higher standard so a full disclosure policy should be instated immediately

Good luck to everyone!
    I think that is a terrible idea. Maybe it should be for Admin only?? That said when my wife and I go on our 150 mile hike this summer my folks want me to borrow my bros SPOT so they all can follow our progress.

I watched my husbands sheep last year with the spot it was great he also changed his help button for "sheep down call our flight" Its pretty cool to know the exact spot you got your critter good luck!

Kinda cool, kind creepy.

I dont like any form of someone checking up on me.

If I want them , I'll call them.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I have been thinking about getting one of these spot trackers too. Spent $150 last summer on Sat phone rentals. Last season the deal was, I rent the Sat phone, My hunting partner pays for the Av gas in his plane. I think it would be nice if you programed the hel button for "weathered in, going to be another day, call my boss".

We will be hunting the Saltery Creek area. My friend actually drew the tag, I'm going for back up. I also set up a message for "Bear down". The new SPOT Messenger has an extra message button. We're also bringing a sat phone, just in case.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

how come I have a feeling your both gonna get ate??

Default get ate

Weasel,

Will we know that when the signal goes down or maybe when it suddenly goes straight up and over the tallest ridge at an unreal pace?

I agree with Stranger, kinda cool but yet kinda creepy.

Randy

Default WARM and Sunny today

Oh, just to get you anticipating NP, It is Warm and Sunny today on the Emerald Island.

Wake up weather for the BIGFOOTS, serious glassing weather, too.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Yeah, I was just looking out the window wondering what all that blue stuff was above the clouds!

Smile Zachar Bay

Good luck to ya! I head to Kodiak tommorow and then off to Zachar Bay friday to chase after ol' yogi.

Default Scary Thought

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    That's kind of cool to think about but,

Are you sure you want people doing that? Do you realize what they did to most of us Commercial Longline Fisherman,

Now it is Law that you have on board a Vessel Monitoring System, (GPS wired device to track OUR EVERY MOVE) Just to make sure nobody is over the line,

Wouldn't that be a cool way to make sure hunters are where they are supposed to be????????

The Feds paid for the initial units but we have to pay the subscription costs FOREVER, just to go out there and try to catch fish.

I am hopefully joking around here, Good Hunting to ya, NP. (and carry good maps!!)

PS I hear some good Bears are coming in, four so far,
    VMS has made you guys sitting ducks for CG Boardings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    That said when my wife and I go on our 150 mile hike this summer my folks want me to borrow my bros SPOT so they all can follow our progress.
    For a nominal fee....

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    For a nominal fee....
    Hey I'm not the one that wanted it, you'll have to get that out of ma & pa.

Default Snowin now

Whoop, it's snowing Heavy now

Good trackin' weather................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast