Thread: line color?

Default line color?

Thought that it would be interesting to see what folks think comes into play river fishing with spinner/casters. I need insight mainly for kings on the Kenai and the Kasilof and for Reds on the russian but any additional thoughts on the general subject would be welcome.

Default Personal Preference

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Thought that it would be interesting to see what folks think comes into play river fishing with spinner/casters. I need insight mainly for kings on the Kenai and the Kasilof and for Reds on the russian but any additional thoughts on the general subject would be welcome.
    The fish really don't care, and really cannot see the line, especially if you use a leader. Being able to see the lines, however is very important to keep from spending your time untangling.

I like bright green for mono and yellow on braid. I have tried dark green and red, both of which became difficult for me to see in low light.

While I haven't used the blue, I can see that color very good on other's rigs.

So, pick what you can see and don't worry about the fish on the Kenai and Kasilof.

Cheers.

+1

akfg's advice is MONEY!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

In both the Kenai and the Kasilof the visibility in the river is usually not enough that if you use any color braid and a leader all the fish would see is the leader, so line color isn't going to make any difference.

As AKfg says, use yellow and you'll be able to see where your line is.