Thread: Reputable local bike shop?

Default Reputable local bike shop?

My folks are in their 70's now, but they're big bikers. However they're also so tight they squeak, and their bikes are basically rusty bent frame Huffy's.

For their anniversary approaching, I want to get them a pair of Day 6 www.day6bicycles.com bikes.

Day 6 doesn't have a dealer up here, so I'd order them, then have a quality shop deck them out with top of the line thumb shifters, fenders, etc etc...

I live on southside, so I've done a little with Paramount, but they've never impressed me too much. I've never been in Chain Reaction. I've had INCREDIBLE customer service from "The Bicycle Shop" but don't have any real face to face experience with them.

Where should I go?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    My folks are in their 70's now, but they're big bikers. However they're also so tight they squeak, and their bikes are basically rusty bent frame Huffy's.

For their anniversary approaching, I want to get them a pair of Day 6 www.day6bicycles.com bikes.

Day 6 doesn't have a dealer up here, so I'd order them, then have a quality shop deck them out with top of the line thumb shifters, fenders, etc etc...

I live on southside, so I've done a little with Paramount, but they've never impressed me too much. I've never been in Chain Reaction. I've had INCREDIBLE customer service from "The Bicycle Shop" but don't have any real face to face experience with them.

Where should I go?
    I've had good service at Chain Reaction in the past but also can't say that I have had anything but good service at Paramount either (but it has been a while since I have been over there). Another good reliable shop if you don't mind driving a bit would be Speedway Cycles across from AMH on Spenard. Greg is a good guy to work with and works a lot with some of the less-common brands. I don't have any experience with the Bicycle Shop, so can't say anything there.

I would recommend Speedway Cycles. They are good. Pm me if you want thoughts on Bicycle shop

Speedway Cycles also gets my vote and business! 2600 Spenard Rd 222-1967. Down past Play it again sports. They are cool guys. Easy going and no BS. Used the Bike Shop for years. Speedway though had what I wanted, Kona Kula 29er. Been very pleased with them and top notch service!!