Thread: Remington 700 titanium bolt

Default Remington 700 titanium bolt

Anyone know how much a Remington 700 ti (titanium) short action 308 bolt will cost me? It's the one with the flutes and skeleton handle. I bought 700 ti and someone has butchered the original bolt.

Thanks LG

Call Remington at 1-800-243-9700 and ask when you get to the service dept. They can probably quote that one over the phone. My guess is around 200 + postage. You'll have to send in your barreled action as it is a factory fitted part.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

If you get a price, will you post it? I'm really curious about this.

BTW, what did they do to butcher the bolt? Rust?

On 2 different TI Remingtons, I have seen were the titanium receiver metal is so hard that it shaves the top on the bolt on both of them as you chamber a round. I own one of them. I have smoothed it out twice and it continues to happen.

Another option, heard only good things about them, but have not used them myself.
    http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/p.../remington.htm

Steve

I haven't run into that problem yet with any of my Ti's. I will say that the bolt doesn't cycle as smoothly with a Ti action as it does with regular SS actions, and they often show up from the factory with grit in the firing pin assembly that needs to be cleaned out. But, I've found Ti rifles to be very accurate, out of the box.

Someone modified the groove in the locking lug. It is about one and a half times the size of the other two 700s I have. They filed/machined the bottom of it at angle also.

Thanks gunbugs for the number I'll call Remington in the morning. I also have a request into Brownells to see if they can get me one. I know they were able to save me some cash on a few Ruger parts I needed once.

I still don't know that I'm keeping the rifle. The guy I bought it from hasn't got back in touch with me. This wasn't the only thing modified for a rifle that was supposed to be in like new condition.

Remington Bolts are factory exchange only

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    On 2 different TI Remingtons, I have seen were the titanium receiver metal is so hard that it shaves the top on the bolt on both of them as you chamber a round. I own one of them. I have smoothed it out twice and it continues to happen.

Another option, heard only good things about them, but have not used them myself.
    http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/p.../remington.htm

Steve
    PT&G bolts are good stuffs, but you can't get one complete from them, you have to weld, braze, or solder the handle on.

And I believe they only come with the dreaded Sako or AR 15 style extractors.

PT&G bolts are very nice, as mentioned. And available with a phone call. E-mail dans40xc@hotmail.com and he can get you fixed up with a handle at a reasonable rate.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."