Thread: Drawing Permit FYI

Default Drawing Permit FYI

Just a heads up to those circling their mail box...

ADF&G won't mail out permits until about 3 weeks prior to the start of your hunt. The counter help guy at the Anchorage office told me this. He explained that the department changed the mail out policy because in years past they would have to replace nearly a hundred lost permits each season.

He said if you don't receive your tags in the mail by two weeks out to contact F&G.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Just a heads up to those circling their mail box...

ADF&G won't mail out permits until about 3 weeks prior to the start of your hunt. The counter help guy at the Anchorage office told me this. He explained that the department changed the mail out policy because in years past they would have to replace nearly a hundred lost permits each season.

He said if you don't receive your tags in the mail by two weeks out to contact F&G.
    he ment the ones that did not arrive in time due to the late mailing....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I've been one of those 100 "lost permits" twice now (different years). I had to go in and get a permit because I hadn't received one yet, and I wasn't going to chance it by waiting till the last second. Both of them came in within a couple of days of when I was going to leave for the hunt.

Hopefully they will set up their system to allow us to print the drawing permits on line, so they can alleviate all of these issues.