Thread: Boat Mods and Fab Recommendation

Default Boat Mods and Fab Recommendation

I have a Lowe R1960MT, heavy duty jon boat, with a Yamaha 115 4 stroke outboard. The person I purchased if from had lots of "stuff" added that I do not need - internal gas tank, bench seats, several heavy storage compartments.

All these add-ons make the boat very heavy inside. I live in Fairbanks during the week, and on the weekend commute to Wasilla where my family is located.

I am wanting to lighten the boat up, add a tunnel hull (to protect from foot damage), flotation pods, windshield and canvas top, fully enclosed zippered top for winter ops. Does anyone out there know of a really good fabrication/modification shop in Fairbanks that I can get this work done?

Thanks for your advice and help!

Fairbanks Area

Karold's Welding & Fabrication‎
    2208 Discovery Drive, Fairbanks, AK 99709-4573
    (907) 374-9116‎

The best in Fairbanks for all your aluminum work.

There is a couple custom top makers, one was at the Outdoor Show in Fairbanks, should be there until 5 pm.

You had better hurry if you want it by the summer, the rush will be on soon if not already with spring in the air.

Good Luck

Palmer, AK

Have you thought about just selling it and buying a boat that already has what you are looking for? Your boat may well be someones dream boat as it clearly is not yours. I bet that you would be money ahead in the long run. It sounds like you want a wooldridge AK.