Thread: What do you use your 4-wheelers for?

Default What do you use your 4-wheelers for?

Out breaking up the snow on my new wheeler so the snow will melt faster.

Its got a whole 2 miles on it. lol.

Plan on doing some prospecting with it when the snow is gone and the river's start going down.

What do you do with yours?

Take it to go fishing, hunting, Ive done wood with it, and use it to break snow to get into and out of the garage, I use it to pull the VW out of the snow. And we use it to go out to dinner up at the lodge.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Seems like it is quite a verstile machine for you ret25, what is the dress code for the lodge? ( Carharts,) J.K.

They really do have a lot of use's other than hunting & fishing.

I use mine all year long. I used it a lot this winter for ice fishing out at Figure Eight Lake. Pulled some nice Pike outta there. During the summer I go riding for fun and use it for moose hunting. Plan on using it for bear this season. I just need a winch for it though.....saving up for one But they are so expensive....I did put a Garmin RAM GPS holder on it.....keeps my Orgeon 550t nice and tight and from poping out on the trail.....did use my quad to go to the Wasilla Tea Party.....had Old Glory mounted to the back on a Flag Pole....drove 8 or so miles along the Parks HW to the rally point with her flying.....got a lot of honks.....that was a fun day!!

Mine is grounded to 5 acres. I use it to haul materials from the boat to the cabin, haul gravel from the beach to the cabin, pull trees down, winch heavy materials into place, as a mobile table and anything else that I can do easier with it.

Mike

Default entertaining the grand kids

in the front yard and at eureka

Thumbs up I GO and look for these and find them..&

good times abound.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Default Plow...

... park boats and trailers, a little beach cavorting during clamming and dipnetting. My old KQ 300 is not reliable enough to go very far, and I don't have an extra 4k + to get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Seems like it is quite a verstile machine for you ret25, what is the dress code for the lodge? ( Carharts,) J.K.

They really do have a lot of use's other than hunting & fishing.
    I believe that the lodges out there would serve you in whatever you show up in. Last 5 day trip, I was surprised that they didn't make me shower before breakfast though. I couldn't hardly stand myself day 4...... Insulation and sweat..... add in a bit of hangover ooze...... Truthfully, I have seen worse. Much worse..... one guy, who had been working for a couple weeks in the bush, couldn't get anyone to sit within 2 chairs of him at the bar. We call it BUSH RIPENED!

Mike

I ride for fun - that's where most of the 2600 miles on my 08 Grizzly 700 came from. But I also use it for hunting, fishing, camping, plowing snow, entertaining the kids, working around the house, etc. And for the most unique use of a fourwheeler: I used it today as an alternative to a rototiller for my garden plot. Pit Bull Rocker tires have DEEP lugs, and tear up earth rather efficiently.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

you know I would be lost and probly really tired if I sold my wheeler tomorrow. I use the thing daily it seems and from everything I can push, pull, and travel to legally!
    The plow attachment has gotten its use to say the least. I actually never planned on getting a new one, mine is an 04 and LOVED it. Then I stumbled onto a great deal on Craigslist that I couldnt pass up. So I bought it. Planned on selling the 04 for the same price I paid for my new one and hadd a couple people come over and look at it. Then it hit me, I cant sell off the ol quad. The wifey rides it now and it is even better having tow of these around. i love these toys, they are way to usefull to not have one or two.

I have a lot of beetle killed spruce trees on my property so I set one of mine up to do a little "one man logging".

Outlaws..................+....................Zill a's =

I luv them Zilla's. Or, better yet, give me a set of the original HL Radials.

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound View Post
    you know I would be lost and probly really tired if I sold my wheeler tomorrow. I use the thing daily it seems and from everything I can push, pull, and travel to legally!
    The plow attachment has gotten its use to say the least. I actually never planned on getting a new one, mine is an 04 and LOVED it. Then I stumbled onto a great deal on Craigslist that I couldnt pass up. So I bought it. Planned on selling the 04 for the same price I paid for my new one and hadd a couple people come over and look at it. Then it hit me, I cant sell off the ol quad. The wifey rides it now and it is even better having tow of these around. i love these toys, they are way to usefull to not have one or two.

I mostly just ride mine for fun. Most of my miles have been just fun and camping trips with the kids. I hope to do more hunting with mine, but I always end up somewhere other than using my wheeler during hunting season.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thats a nice set up matanuska. Did you make the log skidder or buy it?

I find I use mine to move trailers a lot. It so much more maneuverable than hooking up the truck. I also use about 50-60 miles a week to make the bird dogs tired in the off season. It gets used pretty heavy for getting wood too, but not as much as the snowmachine. But the number one reason is for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by matanuska View Post
    I have a lot of beetle killed spruce trees on my property so I set one of mine up to do a little "one man logging".

I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

So far this year they are yard ornaments
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks byrd hunter. I made the log skidder. Not as good as the arch shaped ones with the log tongs, but it gets the job done and a lot cheaper. I use a timber jack to get the log off the ground and then back under as in the picture.

I wish I had my old 94 400L Polaris back. That thing would... well.... "Pull Trees". The ride wasn't as good as IRS though.

i see there must not be any street signs left in your neighborhood...

I use mine for showing off infront of the hot chicks.
    Semper Fi!

We use my Rubicon for Plowing, hunting, riding. My wifes Ranger for Riding, Hunting and going to the land fill hauling a trailer, moving a few trailers around the house. My son uses his Honda Recon for raising cane and transporation, hunting. My Polaris Scrambler 3 wheeler is for riding and raising cane.