Thread: State Park Daily Parking Pass sticker for car

Default State Park Daily Parking Pass sticker for car

I was looking at the State Parks website on where the permit is good. It lists Montana Creek. Is that right?? I don't remember seeing a State Parks Parking permit sign there. I thought that is why most people just park along the highway, just before the campground on the left.

Default Not much help from me

Sorry, I haven't seen any signs for a state campground at Montana Creek. There's supposed to be one there, but apparently it's a secret.
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

I think the state farmed out the parking/camping to private company some years ago. Not for sure how that works there. I know that many years ago it was state parks.

Default Montana creek

Yes the campground on the left side of the parks hwy is a state campground. It is private run by state contract. So yes the permit is good there.

Default Which side of the creek?

Left of the Parks there are camp sites on both sides of Montana Creek...or are they both the same contractor?

Been there many times, but never realized there was a state campground there. Maybe if there were some signs...
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

The campground on the left heading to Talkeetna before the bridge is a State Parks Campground, and the parking permit works there. The other campgrounds and or parking lots the permit does not work there. I was unaware of it until I asked one of the ladies at the Montana Creek Campground Store on the right. The last time I was up there. They had no State signs up.