Thread: Any DS141- want to go hiking this summer

Default Any DS141- want to go hiking this summer

plan on doing some exploring- dont want to go solo if I dont have to.

Default Any DS141? want to go hiking this summer

looking to do some exploring

Sure! I drew this tag as well. I would want to mountain bike most of the way then go on foot. Not sure on plan to access for the hunt yet. Exploring is good and use that to get further into shape. I will get maps at F&G this week, not seeing them online for this tag.

Quote Originally Posted by EMoss#83 View Post
    looking to do some exploring
    Well lets just get this out of the way. You stole my permit!!!

But I plan to be chasing black bears with my bow starting the first part of May back Eklutna way. If you wanna connect and hike some hills I'd be up for it if our schedules align.

I don't have the tag but would do some scouting with you,I need to get into sheep shape for my upcomeing hunt also and would love hike that area.

E-

Your little brother (youngest) told me he would likely be back this summer, get him to go with!!

Default girls or animals?

He would rather explore downtown Anchorage!!!

Finally had time look further into F&G website to look at maps. Turns out my dad drew DB468 Eklutna lake and I drew the sheep tag. So we can both hunt at the same time if I choose. The hunt areas over lap alot. Kinda cool though. I though he had drawn the Haul Road grizzly bear hunt.

I wouldnt mind making the drive and doing some hiking. I drew this hunt a few years ago. Did a bunch of digging from buddies who drew, passed on some good info! I dont mind passing it along and maybe finding a better way into it. We also biked in. Note to self, biking out in the dark with dead headlamps with loaded packs on your back is NOT fun LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    I wouldnt mind making the drive and doing some hiking. I drew this hunt a few years ago. Did a bunch of digging from buddies who drew, passed on some good info! I dont mind passing it along and maybe finding a better way into it. We also biked in. Note to self, biking out in the dark with dead headlamps with loaded packs on your back is NOT fun LOL
    Hardly feel sorry for ya if your packs were loaded with sheep.

I wish they were! We were a skosh overloaded for the length of hunt we did to say the least! I should have cut MANY pounds off the pack for how short the hunt turned into... Oh well, live and learn. Just lucky, we were close to packing the bikes out TOO lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Well lets just get this out of the way. You stole my permit!!!
    Actually... that was me. Better luck next year.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Default Wish I could

I'll be up there the first week of May, plan on doing at least a day scout. Not sure how much they will have moved between May and Sept. But atleast get a refresher on the area, since its been a while.
    Already got my Map from My topo, just trying to figure out the best way to transfer the boundry lines over to my map.

Default Did an early fly over

Did an early fly over Yesterday. Came in from the Eklutna Glaser and then headed Due East. Flew down both sides. Didn't help I left my Map on the china cabinet.
    Saw probably about a dozen or so sheep. Little too inexperienced to pick Rams out from the air.
    All in all a good fly over, good to see the terrain from a different perspective.
    Supprised on how much snow was actually gone on the South Eastern Slopes. Still planing on a day hike.