Thread: T.C. Encore

Default T.C. Encore

I posted a while back that I had a T.C. Encore in 209 X 50 that would not group less than about 8 or 9 inches at 100 yards. I packaged the barrel up and wrote T.C. a letter telling them the problem. I mailed the barrel back to them on Feb. 4, 2010. They sent me a new barrel that arrived on April 15, 2010. It took about 10 weeks to get my new barrel back but Thompson Center stood by there product. The barrel was sent back with fibre optic sights and a new ram rod. I did not send either of these back to T.C. with the barrel when I sent it back to them. A note was included with the barrel that said it had been laser sighted and barrel lock up had been checked. It said recomended load was 100 grains Pyrodex and a 250 grain T.C. Shockwave.

I have several other T.C. guns and barrels and this is the first time I have ever had to send anything back to them for any problem. It is nice to deal with a company that will stand behind there product. Just thought I would take a minute and say THANK YOU T.C.

Yukon Canada

Default TC

Yes I had heard they were pretty good that way. I had a pro hunter in 243 and it would really shoot one day then be all over the next. I was using it as a trapping/predator gun so it rode around on a snowmachine all winter. I sold it the next year as I just didnt think it was tough enough.