Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrowhead Outfitters

Default Arrowhead Outfitters

I'm looking for some information on Arrowhead. I've searched, but haven't found much info. Anything good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I'm apparently terrible at the search function. Every time I search it brings up 12 pages of posts, and I've only actually found 1 or 2 that were about arrowhead. If anyone has some better search techniques for me, I would take that too. I do appreciate the help.

Hi Heston 500,
    I'm not sure where you want to be flown in to, but I will have a super cub based at Galbraith Lake. If that helps at all. You can check out my website for prices Bushwhackerair-ak.com Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
    Thanks
    Jeff Kruse

Checking around and asking about an outfit is a good way but when you pay 1/3 of the going rate what do you expect?
    $4200 for a drop off moose hunt? 1/3 the going rate? I paid half that and got a great moose with 40 Mile Air.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default ak doug

I went in solo that was for one hunter.
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    some of the responses to this thread have disappeared??
    Gary
    Yep. It was cleaned up based upon our policy of not allowing negative comments about individuals or businesses. The liability risk is a very real one for us, so while we recognize that sharing this type of information can be important, we ask that folks use the PM system to share negative reports on businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter02 View Post
    if no one wants to say it I will, Keep looking
    Since my last response was deleted, all I'll say is that I agree!

Default Another option

Since my review of arrowhead outfitters was deleted for a good reason, I will tell you to call Mike of Mikes Air Taxi(Alaska Bush Sports), because him and Bob Gill(Chief Pilot of Alaska Air Taxi)have teamed up this year as 70 Degrees North. Both are great pilots and know the business. If I was to pay anyone for a fly-in it would be them. 1-907-209-0119. Good luck

Terry

I'll second the vote for Mike, he is a gentleman and an excellent pilot. Jim

Default Good Experience

I flew with Arrowhead last year and had no problems at all.
    Howard did a fine job.

I've also flown with Mike's Air Taxi 3 times he's a great pilot.

If there is good reason to avoid Arrowhead I'd sure like to know what it is.

Heton 500. I would suggest that you get your participation up so that you can recieve PM's and get the info that you are looking for.

PM is going to be the only way you will get the information you are truly looking for....

Default Arrowhead Outfitters?

Hello, I'm looking for any info good or bad on Arrowhead Outfitters. I'm planning a once in a lifetime hunt and since it is so expensive I have to make sure that I'm making the right choice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

both myself and my avid hunting partners have all flown out with arrowhead outfitters, they run a great service out of both happy valley and grayling lake, when i booked i to asked a lot of questions about them and got lots of negative responses???? cant figure why, a few guys had a bad excperiance but we had nothing but fun and sucess with howard, we took a few booner bou and seen some huge moose and some great rams. when i was looking around for transport i asked if other transporters will move you if youre not in a hot spot, most will tell you no or maybe once? howard moved us 3 times last fall, im not gana say they are the best as 40 mile air has a realy good rep and long standing history, i havent used mike but plan to some day, I personaly ask howard what the deal was with the negative responses, i got my awnser as i work with a guide service, and have many friends that are guides, and i think it comes down to what the client excpects of the transporter and when fullfillments are not meet it sours the relationship. if you want the truth call the troopers office up in coldfoot and ask about the past history of arrowhead, and the pieces of the puzzle come together.
    just ask lots of questions and be sure the transporter you choose knows what you are wanting, and be resonable give youreself enouph time, and do youre homework on the area youre being dropped in. comunicate with the transporter so they know what you are capable of, because just being dropped in a good spot doesnt mean you wont still have to hoove it out ther a few miles, good luck heston!

Flew out to alexander area for ice fishing with arrowhead a few years back. Destroyed the pike, incredible day, real class act guys.

Gentlemen, if you have negative reports to share, please do so via the PM system or by e-mail. Per our forum rules, we do not allow negative comments about businesses in the public forums.

I've bow hunted all over North America in the last 25 years and flew with Arrowhead this year for carribou. Outstanding hunt and service. Multiple meat runs, polite, excellent stick skills. I know the truth behind the negative reviews - AST out of happy valley gave me the insight. Not that anyone put down on us 1.5 miles down the river or nothing, just saying.
    I'll hunt with Arrowhead anytime, and plan to again.

No problems with Arrowhead....

He flew us in
    We saw Caribou (harvested a fairly decent bull) and no other hunters. The only reason my partner did not harvest is because he was waiting for a monster.
    He picked up the meat
    He had us moved to where brown bear was in season
    We saw bears (none harvested though)
    He picked us up and fed us before we took off

No issues

J

Why on earth did you ever pay $7000 for a hunting flight?!

Have you never heard of Seventy North/ Mike McCray out of Happy Valley??? I havent paid that much for all my flights over the last six years...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast