Thread: Anyone get their Whittier list info?

Default Anyone get their Whittier list info?

Hi gang, did anyone that is on the wait list for a slip in Whittier get their letter from the habormaster yet? I am always looking forward to seeing how far I have moved up to on the list, and for verification that they got my application and payment.

I was thinking I should have seen my letter by now, but I haven't. Anyone get theirs yet?

thanks...AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

You can call the harbor and ask about where you are at. They can look it up in just a minute while you are on the phone. I did this recently and I don't remember the specifics, but the list is still not moving very fast.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Ya, I think I only moved 12 or 13 spots last year. At that rate, I've got another 4 or 5 years to go. Hope I still have a boat by the time I get a slip!!

Thanks for the info on the list!!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

I hear ya! I talked to the Harbor Masters' office a few weeks ago. They said they were assigning slips to some folks who have been on the list since 1997. Since I got on in 2002, I figure I still have at least 5 years to go.

Like you guys, moving slowly year by year. I got on the list for a 28' slip in 2007 and figure at this rate I've got another 5+ years. Knowing the pace is even slower for larger slips I also put in for the 28-34' list at the same time. I'll be shrimp food by the time that comes up I'm sure.

Harbor is talking about expansion, but I'm not sure that'll help us. The likely scenario will be an extreme rate increase in slip fees causing a bunch of folks to bail from the harbor. Shotgun cove option sounds like a great idea, but what do you think the chances of that will be?

Quote Originally Posted by PWSexplr View Post
    Shotgun cove option sounds like a great idea, but what do you think the chances of that will be?
    So what is the lastest on shotgun cove? When will lots be available?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/