Thread: Anyone willing to give halibut spot near Harris Bay, seward

Default Anyone willing to give halibut spot near Harris Bay, seward

I am planning on going out halibut fishing out of seward this summer and have never fished out of seward before. I have a 87 gallon tank on my 24' trophy, so I really can't go out too far. I plan on going out near Harris Bay. This summer I'm going out with my wife, 3 yr old and 3 month old. It would sure be nice to have a general spot to go to rather than radomly trying different places to find the halibut, as the time we get to actually fish could be limited.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Default Don't even need to go that far

Triangle between Caines Head - Humpy Cove and the tip of Renard Island. In there some place is a big knoll that comes up to 200 feet of water, nice halibut hole, but in front of Bear Glacier Creer works well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    I am planning on going out halibut fishing out of seward this summer and have never fished out of seward before. I have a 87 gallon tank on my 24' trophy, so I really can't go out too far. I plan on going out near Harris Bay. This summer I'm going out with my wife, 3 yr old and 3 month old. It would sure be nice to have a general spot to go to rather than radomly trying different places to find the halibut, as the time we get to actually fish could be limited.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Ok....right out in front of Harris Pt it can be good and it is good on that shelf both North and South of there. But it is often lumpy with active gulf swell. If the seas are good it is very productive down by Cloudy Cape (if you get this far Thunder Bay is worth the trip). Around the corner from Harris Pt in Cup Cove you may get lucky while everyone throws up.... Finally, I always see charters about 2 miles are so south of the Northwestern Fjord sill by the larege creek/river on the west side at the end of the day. There must be some chickens over there, good silver salmon fishing, or rock fish. I have stopped there in the general vacinity as I had been blown off the water and half blue with sea-sickness farther out and I immediately caught an old anchor line to wrap up the fishing day.