Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Question about TIER I caribou

  1. #1
    Member summitx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Anchorage
    Posts
    400

    Default Question about TIER I caribou

    Looking at maybe puting in for this next year, as I understand it, if get it I'm stuck to unit 13 for caribou and even moose. Is a waste of time and money to even put in for other draws, or put in for them and if I get a Tier I and a moose draw say 20 mile I can choose which one I want to do or I'm stuck with the Tier I and lose the moose draw. Trying to cover all my options, but the way my luck in the drawing it won't matter anyway.

  2. #2
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    you draw the unit 13 bou... you will never know you drew another
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  3. #3

    Wink

    With any luck, by this time next year the guy in a black robe will have figured it out for us. The court has yet to rule on the legality of the regulation. It is pending. I am hopeful for redress before next spring.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    With any luck, by this time next year the guy in a black robe will have figured it out for us. The court has yet to rule on the legality of the regulation. It is pending. I am hopeful for redress before next spring.
    Really?? Thats great news Res, thanks for the heads up. However if they do change it I'm sure it'll be just as messed up as it is now or was before.

  5. #5

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Really?? Thats great news Res, thanks for the heads up. However if they do change it I'm sure it'll be just as messed up as it is now or was before.
    I can't argue that! We deserve the system that we are willing to tolerate.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Really?? Thats great news Res, thanks for the heads up. However if they do change it I'm sure it'll be just as messed up as it is now or was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    With any luck, by this time next year the guy in a black robe will have figured it out for us. The court has yet to rule on the legality of the regulation. It is pending. I am hopeful for redress before next spring.
    I heard it was going back to Tier II

    Summitx:
    I dont see it being a waste of money to put in for other moose tags or even caribou tags for that matter. Putting in for Tier I caribou doesnt guarentee your chance of getting it, plus there are people out there that have more points than you at this point if you havent put in for it in the past. Put in for moose tags and other caribou tags as a back up.

    I am not 100% sure, but could you in theory draw a unit 13 any bull as well as a Tier I?? Or would it wipe out that tag too?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    However if they do change it I'm sure it'll be just as messed up as it is now or was before.
    Quoted for Truth. Hemmed in by McDowell, ANILCA, and previous court decisions, each successive court decision brings us closer to a caribou herd which the department won't be able to manage.

  8. #8

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by samsoniam View Post
    Quoted for Truth. Hemmed in by McDowell, ANILCA, and previous court decisions, each successive court decision brings us closer to a caribou herd which the department won't be able to manage.
    Actually, these decisions will ultimately be applied Statewide, as the BOG will have no choice other than that. So far the BOG has managed to narrowly apply the decisions. That is soon to change. The next couple of years are going to bring about statewide management practices that we have yet to imagine.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but could you in theory draw a unit 13 any bull as well as a Tier I?? Or would it wipe out that tag too?
    Yep, you could do that. That's why I didn't put in for the Tier I tag this year. I knew I wouldn't have time to do justice to a Unit 13 moose hunt, so I didn't want to potentially waste my moose drawing applications. Next year and every year thereafter under the current system I'll be hoping to double up on those two hunts, though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •