Thread: Looking for photography oriented boat day cruise. Anywhere on Kenai would work.

Default Looking for photography oriented boat day cruise. Anywhere on Kenai would work.

I have taken two trips with Kenai Fjords Tours in Seward. Did one larger boat loaded with fanny packs and ankle biters, then more recently did the smaller 20 person boat, "Captain's Choice Tour". I am looking for something even smaller, more intimate if you will, that will get closer to wildlife/whales. We will be on the Kenai in July and Sept and I would like a trip on one or both of these visits if possible. Not really sure what the best timing would be for whales, but that has become a recent interest of mine. Wondering if anyone has done, or is aware of any similar day cruises. Not really looking for the run of the mill touristy day cruise. Looking for someone that caters to, or even specializes, in photographers. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

-Dan

Below are some images from the Captains Choice tour for anyone that may be interested...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...95387576/show/

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thumbs up yes

Dan;

Call Karl at 235-7525.
    He has Bay Excursions water taxi. Karl caters to photographers alot and is one himself and LOVES to find whales and birds here in K Bay. He does the Gull Island tour and is a bird expert, he really knows his stuff when it comes to birds. He does lots of personalised bird and whale trips. He'll get you on what you want to see if at all possible and you'll probobly learn somthing too.

Will do, thanks man.

I had heard about Gerry Sanger in Whittier and it looks exactly like what I am after. I contacted him and he is booked solid during our time on the Kenai. Anyone know of any other operations similar to this, do tell. Hoping to take one or two trips like this over the summer. Thanks guys.

Gerry's site for anyone interested ...

http://www.soundecoadventure.com/capt.html

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Hey Dan,

Not sure if this is along the lines of what you're looking for, but Ron Niebrugge (professional photographer out of Seward) is offering a Kenai Fjords photography tour this summer, one spot left according to his website: http://www.wildnatureimages.com/Phot...hoto-Tours.htm

Jeff

Thanks man, I will check into it.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Thanks man, I will check into it.

-Dan
    If you come to Seward, let me know so we can say hello!

Sounds good. As the time nears and we firm up plans I will keep this in mind. If time allows, the wife and I would love to meet or perhaps break bread with you and your husband.

-Dan