Thread: Lost Bill of Sale

Default Lost Bill of Sale

Hey... my sister bought a 4 wheeler from a private owner at the end of last summer and she has since misplaced the bill of sale. It still needs to be registered. Do we just fill out a new a bill of sale & get a hold of the previous owner to do so also or is there something else we should do?

If you have the persons name, just talk to D.M.V., and they can tell you what to do. ( just hope it a is'nt stolen machine, but I doubt that it is if they gave you a bill of sale to begin with.)

Default ATVs are not registered (except...)

If you use it as a "snow vehicle" it needs to be registered. Otherwise, it appears that ATVs are not required to be registered.

See: http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/reg/snow.htm

You can go right down to the DMV and register the machine as long as you have the serial number. Youll end up with a new registration for it..Just go to the info desk there and tell them your situation.

also done on the bottom of the paperwork when you register there is a afidivade (sp) you can fill out saying who you bought it from and price If I reamember right. I think if you ride on BLM land it needs to be registered

Quote Originally Posted by jsteiko View Post
    Hey... my sister bought a 4 wheeler from a private owner at the end of last summer and she has since misplaced the bill of sale. It still needs to be registered. Do we just fill out a new a bill of sale & get a hold of the previous owner to do so also or is there something else we should do?
    I lost the title for a dirtbike a couple of years ago. Turns out that in Alaska you dont need the title to sell an atv or dirtbike, all you have to do is write down the VIN and go to a dealer of the make of wheeler you have pay a small fee ($20 or $25) and they will get you a new title. I know it sounds sketchy. It did for me anyhow. With a new title, she is all yours.
    -Caleb-