Thread: Tent Stove Question Ref. those oval tin stoves

Default Tent Stove Question Ref. those oval tin stoves

I have one of those Oval shaped Tin wood stoves that we used in wall tents before they were made not legal to manufacture by the EPA in 1983. They sold them at AIH and at McKays Hardware. What where they called......? They had removable legs, and the wood/coal went in from the top. They were disposable stoves that cost about $15.95 back then. Were they called airtight tin stoves......? I want to sell this one, but need to know what to call it.

Default Airtight stoves.

I had one out in Manokotak to heat my porch. They were like 20ga steel, blued, with a circular draft control. I'd probably buy it if the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I had one out in Manokotak to heat my porch. They were like 20ga steel, blued, with a circular draft control. I'd probably buy it if the price was right.

Well that is why I need to figure out what is called, so I can figure out what if anything it is worth. Sadly we used about 20 to 30 per year, and we would take them out in the salt water as we were breaking camps down, after soaking in salt water, they would completely dissolve in months, and only the two collars would last a year or two. You are correct they were blued.