Thread: Any one in Juneau/Douglas need Black Bear meat?

Default Any one in Juneau/Douglas need Black Bear meat?

Hi All. I have 2 buddies from the lower 48 coming up and joining me on a Black Bear hunt in May. Dates are May 13-21. I will be keeping my bear for my own table, but with 2 others possible, I cant eat it all myself. They are taking a small amount home with them, but most will need to go somewhere. It is just to costly for them to bring it home (limited budgets). All meat will be clean, no dirt or fur on it. It will be hung during our hunt with liquid game bag applied to it. I will be hanging it at the house in a walk in cooler until the night before they leave and then it will be put in fish boxes and frozen. They are flying in and out of here on Ward Air. I can set it up to have Ward hold it in their freezer for whoever is wanting it. It will need to be picked up in a day or two from the 21st of May. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Worst case situation, I will be eating alot of blackie through the year:O) Which I also dont mind much. A great way to get some meat without doing all the work, except for cutting it up. I can leave it bone in for freezing or boned out, your choice. Thanks in advance.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

If you get stuck with it (which would not be that bad) try making some snack stix out of it. I went with a buddy last year and he gave me most of his meat. Along with a deer, reindeer and two black bears, my wife and I were set. So a couple months ago I purchased some snack mix kits from Cabela's and it is awesome!

Jerrys Meats also makes awesome Salami out of bear meat - Can't even tell its bear. Its also pretty cheap. Will last you a while...

Default Transfer

You know where I'll be the 12th through 16th.

Although I might have a handfull myself. If you get the time stop in and check. My intention is to process all my BB meat into various sausages this spring.

Its a long ways from from P. C. to S.B. though.

Good luck.....It's just a few weeks away.

Get out and check the streams for spring steel, they are showing up.

Bighorse, That sounds good, when we are headed back with our transporter, I will radio for you. Also will monitor like we stated at our scheduled times too. Good luck to you also, and have fun and takes some good pics.
    We are also looking at T.B.W, south of your area. If weather is good,we will be there instead, which will make logistic of meeting up, much easier.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!