Thread: Waterproof gun case

Default Waterproof gun case

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good soft waterproof rifle case you might use in a raft/canoe/saltwater hunt.

Thanks,
    Scott

kolpin gun sleeve? Not sure of the model name. basically a roll top dry bag for a rifle.

Kolpin Sealtector, what marketing guru came up with THAT! Oddly enough, you'd think they would be in just about every gun shop, but they're not.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

I've got one called a "gun boat" it's like a soft case but it's made out of the same stuff as a dry bag. You roll up the end to seal it and it's supposed to float if you drop it over the side.
    The bad news is I got it at Gary Kings going out of business sale years ago. I'm pretty sure that I've seen one like it from one of this sites advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Bird Brain View Post
    You roll up the end to seal it and it's supposed to float if you drop it over the side.
    I have a GunBoat too. If you put a foam gun case inside the GunBoat the chances of it floating are greatly improved.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Default Price range?

Wide range of good suggestions in these old threads. Stid2677 (first link) suggested one from LL Bean - might have been the best value - $20 or something like that as I recall- if they still carry it.

I like the Nomars - made in Homer - mainly because they include a padded liner (http://nomaralaska.com/gunscabbard.htm). Barney's carries an excellent product (don't recall the name offhand) in the same price range; great seal, though I found the opening a bit tight for scoped rifles - the scope, sling, etc want to hang up coming out. No padding either which I favor. I just got a second Nomar for spring hunt.

Good luck.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=22334
    http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....d.php?p=122795
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=2712

I also use a soft side foam case inside my gun boat. But I've been using it since 1993, and it now has a couple of small pin *****s and holes from rubbing. It's more to keep rain and salt spray off now.
    Thanks for the links 6x the nomar was the one I had seen on here, think I had gone to their site after a post about boat tops.
    Has any one tried the llbean? It looks to narrow for a scoped riffle, but I like the price.

Default Cases

Thanks to everyone for your replies so far. Great links 6x. I agree that the LL Bean product looks like it might be narrow. It doesn't have the option for brighter colors either. I think I like the idea of an orange or yellow one to make it easy to locate in an emergency. The Nomar cases look great and they better be for about double the price of the nearest Kolpin contender. Still debating which way to go.

Scott