Thread: Marine stereo speakers

Default Marine stereo speakers

Advice on stereo speakers that folks would recommend? Looking for a set, preferably surface mount for my little seasport.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I loaded my boat up with MTX marine speakers, including a 10" subwoofer. They are awesome!! Sound great and should handle the moisture fine. Mine are in the cabin, so they shouldn't get direct water splashes, but they say they can handle it. I am totally satisifed with them. Have had them for 2 seasons now.

Here is a link to their website to get the specifics:

http://www.mtx.com/marine/

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Default Bose

I have two pairs of the Bose 151 environmental speakers - one pair in the cabin and one pair on the deck. The sound great and weather well. They're on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. I would replace them without hesitation. They would sound better with more power behind them but I don't want to spend the amps as that's my most limiting factor on the water.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...kers/index.jsp

I have been happy with my Infinity 6902 marine speakers and Clarion marine amps. You can get them on eBay for about half what the charge in most stores. A few of my buddies have liked the setup for the price and are now using the same in their boats. My next boat will have the JL Audio 7.7 inch speakers but they are about 3 times more expensive so unless you are really serious about making a racket, they probably aren't worth while.

Bob

Default Dual

Believe it or not the inexpensive Dual stereo is what I have and it flat rocks! I had a Dual that I switched out for another Dual that had the ipod capabilities and that meant I had a total of four speakers (all the same) that I installed. One in the stabbin' cabin, two in the main cabin, and one up under the gunnel over hang out on the fish deck. I made speaker boxes out of pine and painted them the same way the interior of my Sea Sport is painted, kind of a splatter bumpy beigh color. The boxes make a difference, if your firmiliar with stereo speakers and how they perform. We watch movies and plug into them, they sound as good as anything and for what they cost it's hard to believe they would work at all, but they do.

Default Jensen

Got a Jensen Marine AM/FM CD player two box speakers inside and 2 flush mount for out on deck added this spring, or sort of springish, snowed right after I installed after uncovering her.
    Great sound no problems for 3 years now. Plus time Life Legends of Rock and 60's to 80'sOld Country series

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    One in the stabbin' cabin...
    I haven't heard anyone in Alaska call it a stabbin' cabin. I thought it was our original idea 5000 miles from here
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default Speakers

gpsstore.com prices arent to bad. Plus they ship right away and there here in 3 or 4 days.

350SD

Check out these pics of my MTX 10" subwoofer. This thing kicks hard!! Go MTX and you'll never look back!! I figured I would want speakers over my fish deck also, but realized after installing the 4 speakers + sub in the cabin...you don't need them on the deck!! I also bought the 1800 watt amp from MTX to push the speakers...and it rocks!! This system goes way louder than you would ever need and sounds great!!

AkBillyBow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Talking Stabbin Cabin...

Phish Finder,
    You have to be relatively attractive to the opposite sex to actually utilize it as a 'stabbin' cabin', everyone on this forum is ugly so that term is rarely used.