Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whittier 4-23!

Default Whittier 4-23!

Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    Ok, time to start a new threat: Whittier 4-23 ?

I’ve seen the weather turn around in 24 hours but don’t think that’s in the cards this weekend. At least we got out last weekend so that eases the pain some. Guess I’ll put together that extra shrimp pot set this weekend, go over the gear and get ready for next weekend.
    Alright, per Breausaw's request, here's the newly created thread for Whittier 4-23! Who's planning on hitting the water next week since obviously the weather hasn't been on our side for this one? Post your call sign and maybe we can get some AOF chatter going out there giving each other updates and such. We'll be out there shrimping and fishing next Friday and/or Saturday (fingers crossed..), and the call sign is Dirty Snapper.

Yep I'll be out there too, but I'm thinking about heading down on the 22nd ( if the weather improves).
    Boatless

I guess the silver lining of the whole thing is that maybe the parking situation will be better, so long as the commercial guys have filled their quotas and all their rigs are out of the harbor lot. I was pretty concerned what it was going to be like rolling in there this Saturday if all had gone as planned. It surely would've been a crap load of trucks and trailers packed in the front lot. It's always funny seeing some guys try to park their trailers in a decent fashion...

Shooting for next Thursday 22nd maybe even head down Wed. afternoon if the weather looks good. Probably return Sat. Call sign "It's All Good"

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenvega View Post
    Alright, per Breausaw's request, here's the newly created thread for Whittier 4-23! Who's planning on hitting the water next week since obviously the weather hasn't been on our side for this one? Post your call sign and maybe we can get some AOF chatter going out there giving each other updates and such. We'll be out there shrimping and fishing next Friday and/or Saturday (fingers crossed..), and the call sign is Dirty Snapper.
    OK than, ask and ye shall receive. If I can swing it at work Iíll be heading out Friday morning or Thursday night. With all this time between now and next weekend the boat will be Ship-shape and Bristol fashion.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Talking Dirty Snapper? hmm provocative

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenvega View Post
    Uh Dirty Snapper, calling the Dirty Snapper this is fullbush how do you copy?
    I wonder how many lesbian kayakers w/ handheld vhf's would answer? (LOL)
    I'll be out the weekend after that Larsenvega, what channel you gonna be on? I'm the Jacqueline Kay

Default Shrimp pot(s)

I am planning on getting a Puller and 2-3 shrimp pots.. rope, bait bucket.. some bait.. Etc.. basically everything you need to drop..say 2 or 3 pots and fart around out their during the 10 hour break in period for the new motor.. I am tracking the permit and how to mark the rig, looking for ideas of the best bang for the buck out their.. I was leaning towards going back to Dewes and getting the puller rope and pot.. But I figured after buying a brand new boat.. He owuld have threw one in.. Not sure I want to feed them anymore money so to speak.. If the weather is good I will be out their on the 23rd as well

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Uh Dirty Snapper, calling the Dirty Snapper this is fullbush how do you copy?
    I wonder how many lesbian kayakers w/ handheld vhf's would answer? (LOL)
    I'll be out the weekend after that Larsenvega, what channel you gonna be on? I'm the Jacqueline Kay
    Now that'd make for quite the hilarious hail. Lesbian kayakers? I thought they were called speed bumps. Thunk...trashed by the Dirty Snapper. lol

My boat isn't named, so one of my buddy's used that one on me and it just stuck. I'm not too sure the wife would like to see the Dirty Snapper parked in front of the house.

If you're out there when we are, just hail us on 16 and we'll move to 68 or 69.

We will see you on the water next Wednesday through Saturday..... Just bought Shrimp Bait from Donaldson's ($80/ 44lb bag) in preparation.... they didn't have a lot left on the pallet..... call sign "Killer Instinct".....
    C'Ya out there

Smile Hoping for good weather next week

The plan around here has been to head out of Whittier on the 23 or 24th and spend 3 or 4 nights, messing around with the pots and maybe a little fishing. Mostly just gonna be happy to be out there. Especially if we can get even a little lucky with the weather!
    Call me on the--- "Sandy Lee".

Default Monday

Well, I work weekends, so I'm hoping to get out on Monday to Wednesday. I've been sitting in the boat on my days off dreaming of sunny warm weather. Pots and puller are all set to go. New jigging rods are wanting to get wet too. If anyone is going out that early, give me a shout.
    Chasin' Tail....

Ok, I the countdown has started on the second planned trip. One week from today (Friday) I hopefully will be heading out. The general area is Chenega. The call sign is "Fully Loaded". Hopefully this is the last storm for a while and we start seeing some spring on the next week.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Default Jrogers

Hey Jrogers,
    Is that you I see with another boat like yours rafted together outside of "you-know-where"? I'm in the Sea Sport with the green top over the fish deck and my Brother-in-law is in the blue-stripped Hewes. We stay inside "you-know-where" and just run out to collect our "you-know-what". If that is you, we'll have to stop and say high during our next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Hey Jrogers,
    Is that you I see with another boat like yours rafted together outside of "you-know-where"? I'm in the Sea Sport with the green top over the fish deck and my Brother-in-law is in the blue-stripped Hewes. We stay inside "you-know-where" and just run out to collect our "you-know-what". If that is you, we'll have to stop and say high during our next trip.

PM sent, since it is not ringing a bell.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Hey Jrogers,
    Nope. Those are two boats like mine. Sometimes there are three of them. I am not one of them.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Now I remember you mentioned that the other day.

(Pete, see ya' soon as they hit the warehouse...)

Hey Jrogers,
    I know where and what Meyers is talking about. That has me concerned

Wow.... you guys got me confused on "you know what"
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    Wow.... you guys got me confused on "you know what"
    Sent you the "intel" in an e-mail last week. You are in the know.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Talking I have absolutely...

no idea what you guys are talkin about.

Let me check my decoder ring.

Ah, yes. I'll see you there, for you know what!
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast