Thread: Eliminating the Peep

Default Eliminating the Peep

I am considering getting rid of my peep on my bow and going with something like the 'peep eliminator' or Hindsight or other type device. Anybody have experience with these, and more importantly, do you know if any of the local shops around here carry any of them so I could experiment with them before buying and shipping one (and then not liking it)?
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

I was going to try the hindsight, but the shop only had a no-peep. I really like the no-peep.

Quote Originally Posted by goosepilot View Post
    I was going to try the hindsight, but the shop only had a no-peep. I really like the no-peep.
    Which shop? Does your anchor point move (up or down) when you switch pins on that one? I know some of them, you have to adjust a little. I like my anchor point where it is, so am looking to avoid that.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Default Hindsight

I just bought one and installed on my bow last week. I really like it, it does allow one to focus on the target better. But it does take a small learning curve to use it. You must be inline with front sight on top pin (middle if 5 pin) to even get it on target, which means you must anchor string the same every time and have good shooting form. I wear glasses and not having to look through a peep has helped me 10 fold.

Default no peep

Anchor point, very important as mentioned. I use a kisser button to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    Which shop? Does your anchor point move (up or down) when you switch pins on that one? I know some of them, you have to adjust a little. I like my anchor point where it is, so am looking to avoid that.
    Anchor point doesn't move with the no-peep. Thats how it works, it makes sure you don't change. You just anchor and put pin on target, then glance(like you would glance at your bubble) at the peep sight to insure it is centered, then back to pin and release.
    A kisser wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Actually, I don't really even look at it other than when I practice or 3D
    The hindsight might be slightly more accurate similar to a peep, but unless your a professional 3D archer, who cares about that minor of a difference.
    I just like the unobstructed, uncluttered, simple and basically bullet and idiot proof No-Peep.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

get it done J... you'll be the first NON peeping lawyer i know
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here