My friend drew dg478 goat tag this year. He asked if i would go with him. I of course said yes. I have never been to Kodiak. I'm asking for info for my sake. I need to know what to expect as i'm not the one who planned for the hunt(now i am). I need to find some of these things out for myself. I don't want to put all my trust in someone else totally. We are going to use the ferry. My questions are......
1. Is the road system in good shape for an rv or would a truck be better use?
2. Would it be worth bringing a 4wheeler?
3. Would an inflatable and outboard help get us to some of the hunt areas?
4. Is going later rather than earlier better, because of vegetation?
5. Would you hunt daily from road or would you use a spike camp?
6. What will the weather normally be like during this time frame?
7. What would you recommend on type of gear for this hunt?
This is (his hunt) and (his tag is priority).
So for me is their a good chance of havesting deer in same area where the goat are located?
You can pm me if you like. I'm not asking any specifics where to hunt we'll figure that out with maps and when we arrive. I'm just trying to be prepared for the experiance which I fully intend to enjoy! I know i just asked alot and any info will help. My friend has his ideas. I don't want to go into this empty handed. I want to be able to contibute some ideas. I want this to be our hunt. Thankyou very much for any constructive ideas or thoughts you might be willing to share!