Thread: Bullets of choice?

Kodiak, Ak

Default Bullets of choice?

Am newly reloading for 270wsm and wondering what you guys would choose for Bullets weight, construction, etc. for hunting:

Bull Roosevelt Elk, Blacktail Deer, Coastal Black Bear, Mt Goat, Caribou, and hopefully Wolves? Maybe even Dall Sheep?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default Bullets

I have always had very good luck with the stantard Nosler Partition for a long time. I also shoot Barnes Triple shocks (TSX) and the TTSX or tipped triple shocks. Many of my friends shoot Nosler accubonds with great results too. I think the best advice is to try a few and figure out what your specific gun digests the best. Also if cost is an issue there are other great bullets out there.

Anchorage Alaska

Default in a 270

in a standard 270 I really like the 130 grain bullet - but I was shooting pretty far out (lopes and deer on the flats) and after a couple hundred yards the 150's had nothing over the 130's.

A 140 grain might be the ticket - but I haven't loaded for the WSM in 270. Pending on what you are trying to kill - you can get a plethura of bullets ranging from 35 cents to almost a buck a piece.....I am sure that you will get lots of votes for Barnes TTSX...

Default 270 wsm

I am having a 270 wsm built. In fact, I am still in the waiting phase of the action, barrel and stock being made. I hope that it will be able to shoot the 110 gr TTSX. I really love this bullet. In my 300 wsm I have taken moose, black bears a goat and a sheep w/ the 168gr version.
    Looking at the Barnes reloading manual, you can get 3500 fps from the 110gr. If you are looking for a longer range bullet, I would personally use this one.

Delta Jct, Alaska

I've shot a couple caribou with 270 WSM and 110 gr TSX.... liked em! Both were lung shots and exited. I haven't tried on sheep as I haven't drawn a tag...
    In my old 270 Win, I loaded 160 NPs for great results on large moose.