Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is putting their bait out today?

Default Who is putting their bait out today?

So who all is chomping at the bit? My fingers are crossed for next weekend

Best of luck to all my fellow baiters
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

I have had my "Bait" out for weeks.........only one wolf so far......

Nope. Too much snow still. Did it last year and it wasn't the least bit beneficial.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    So who all is chomping at the bit? My fingers are crossed for next weekend

Best of luck to all my fellow baiters
    Maybe tomorrow or Saturday. Enough Snow still for easy packing.
    -Caleb-

Default Next week

I still have to get mine registered, and will put it out in the couple weeks.

CubeCove

It has been my experience that the Browns/Grizzlies come out first and you just tend to feed them until the moose start calving. After that the Blackies start to hit your bait. Around Fairbanks it happens around the 15th of May. Each area will be different, just keep an eye out for the baby moose and put your bait out then. Memorial day give or take a week either way tends to be good.

You would be amazed how much dog food, bread, ect,, that moose, birds and squirrels can carry off. Plug the hole with wood so it takes a bear to remove it.

Good Luck Won't be long now.

Steve
    Last edited by stid2677; 04-16-2010 at 15:44.

Default Bait

I've always put my stuff out the first weekend after the 15th. Not this year, to much snow and I'm not going to fight it. My site has been hit for the first time on May 26th for the last three years, I'm hoping it will be 4 years.

know Ill register it on Monday then I need to wait till the Big Su opens then shell be put out good luck to all Baitem 907/jess see you on May 13 Chris

Default too early

Can't put mine out till the rivers break here. Found that a good set is the 3rd week end in may and hunt memorial day weekend after.

Default mines out

As of 6pm last night i have bait at 1 of my 2 stands. This one is in 14a the other is 16a problly check it out saturday. Im hoping the snows almost gone. Had a stand up there a few years ago bears hitting it last week in april!

Nope, not yet, too much snow in my bait area. Probably wont put anything out until 1st or 2nd week of may.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    It has been my experience that the Blackies start to hit your bait. Around Fairbanks it happens around the 15th of May. Each area will be different, just keep an eye out for the baby moose and put your bait out then. Memorial day give or take a week either way tends to be good.
    You would be amazed how much dog food, bread, ect,, that moose, birds and squires can carry off. Plug the hole with wood so it takes a bear to remove it.
    Steve
    yup u got her rite! don't feed "all the beasts"... the blacks get up and get water to get the system back up and running....then the last week or two of may 21st/26th are what i find , then it's ...dinner time!...for BOTH of us
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Last year had one station getting worked by a black the last week of April and then on May 2 he was BBQ fodder and after that I fed brownie's for about a week or two and everything went down hill from there. I know one thing for sure and that there's alot of snow still where I put in this year that wasnt there by this time last year. Good luck to all and hoping I will be posting some cam pics next week.

I put my stand and barrel out last weekend, but no bait yet. Probably wait until the 1st or second week of may or so. I am pretty pumped this year though so it is going to be tough to wait that long.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I have to wait for the big sue to. Go out. Can't wait wait to shoot one muzzleloader

I need to get my hands on a wheeler as i've found a spot but getting to it is going to be the "fun" part. Other than this spot, i'd have to wait until the water start flowing as well. Just looking for a spot a bit closer and cheaper (fuel cost/boat fuel/ramp/etc)

Well I'm off to an early start. Got some cool pics of Marten and such packing on the pounds of premium chow out of my site. Now if they can just turn into 300lb blackies i'd be in business...

Default Got mine out.

Went out of PWS on the 15th, a bit snowy to say the least, but ehy they are out there sitting on the snow and stinking to place up :-) Nothing but Blackies in my area, so no worries about brownies hitting it early.

One bonus: We built a new shrimp pot design and with 8 pots and two pulls, we brought home right at 25lbs of shrimp tails. Those fresh spots sure are tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    Went out of PWS on the 15th, a bit snowy to say the least, but ehy they are out there sitting on the snow and stinking to place up :-) Nothing but Blackies in my area, so no worries about brownies hitting it early.

One bonus: We built a new shrimp pot design and with 8 pots and two pulls, we brought home right at 25lbs of shrimp tails. Those fresh spots sure are tasty.
    Did the nasty weather and big seas forecasted ever materialize?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Nada!

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Did the nasty weather and big seas forecasted ever materialize?
    Not as of when we blew out of there on Sat. But! It was building and it certainly looked like the next couple of days were going to get really nasty, so we called it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast