Thread: This Forum Is Like Little Old Ladies Talking

Mark

Default This Forum Is Like Little Old Ladies Talking

Wanna' talk?

I think this forum is like a bunch of old ladies throwing gossip about.

I come here infrequently now. It used to be daily. Went to weekly. Then monthly.

Now quarterly is too often.

There's lots of talk about the latest guide or transporter who got his ass in a crack. That's not of much interest. Long overdue, but those guys never much effected me. I never hired a one of them.

I can even get that from the Anchorage Gaily News.

There's talk about the last GIs to get in trouble off the Dalton Hwy. That can be entertaining, except those guys want to experience Alaska, deserve the best, and will never get it here.

There's a bit of talk about Alaska hunting politics now and again, but when it gets down to the bone, it gets cut off as if it was a Shiite/Sunni discussion.

Probably a smart thing. I suppose that's taboo. It cuts down too deep.

So, maybe discussing the BS that is usual deep discussion here is good stuff.

Carry on....................

Man... Talk about being "barn wild with cabin fever" !

Question

huhhh.....

Mark,

I've no comments on the pissing matches, but just wanted to say I have always liked your posts and perspective over the years. From Koyukuk stuff to Treadwell stuff. I'm speaking mainly from the days on the old corkboard colored ODD, back when membership was much smaller.

Stick around man

Mark, the off season is a deadly time of year, hang with us, as this too will pass and the gossip and finger pointing will turn towards hunting and plans and tags results as whats wrong with the drawing and folks will really start digging to find info on the hunt areas they've got plans for. once the daylight really starts coming back, you'll see a swing in attitude...happens every year.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

...........ave another cup o' tea, Mark?
    Formerly known as one who clings to guns and religion

Default Easy solution....

Help the board out then and start some threads with more substance.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

LOL - ha ha yep show up any time and straiten the place out Mark

Default post

Nice Mark. Your post sure has helped out! lol

Man that post made a difference.

Default Well said...

BRNBEAR and MUD....it's a slow time of year. I mean a week ago it was
    -50 in Fairbanks for a few days, things are just grinding a long and I think more people are interesting in shoveling snow...nobodys fault, just that time of year. I too think there will be a lot of better discussions when tags come out.

On the other hand....i think (could be wrong) it was Tradbow on the bowhunting forum talking about being backstage at GIRLS GONE WILD....that would be a good thread. LOL!

Default The "other forum"

Maybe you should try the "other" forum. There seems to be less people there and a fairly tight bunch. I enjoy the "other" forum too, but there's more "action" (posts-new threads to read) on ODD, that's why I frequent it.

Tim

Talking the good, bad and the ugly

Look at it this way. It lets us discuss a variety of subjects, good or bad, and all the pros and cons with a bunch of folks that we just might have more in common with than we think and heaven forbid, might come away from it all with better perspective and maybe some good ideas and knowledge. But, if you're like me, then you don't need any more knowledge or new ideas, because it could taint what cha already have. Ha...we have to be careful about taking ourselves and everything so serious. Have fun.