Thread: Sources for woodburnig cookstoves in AK?

Default Sources for woodburnig cookstoves in AK?

Looking at getting a woodburner cook stove with the oven in it for our house. Does anyone know of a place in Anchorage or on the peninsula that carries them?

Thanks,

Mountaintrekker

"Heatland" on International in Anchorage. They start at around $3,500.-- The shipping cost is staggering. Most have very, VERY small firebox, that will not burn 4 hours. I wanted one that would double as a heat source also, and have a firebox that would burn overnight. I only found one manufactured like that. Good luck, and I could be up for a group buy.

how big do you want it ..there is a company down in the state of Washington that does a great little boat stove model with complete with a over unit ..

they are called the Navigator stove works ..there website is www.marinestove.com there phone number is 360-566-2418.. you might need to leave a message and they will get back to you..

the model is called Halibut cookstove model ..wieght about 175. pds total ..but it small and compact enough to be sled or atv in with out a problem

Can't recommend their customer service as it took several tries for them to even talk to me. Shipping to AK was not too bad via barge. I went another route but this one always looked interesting to me.

http://www.transoceanltd.com/applian...sheepherd.html

RMK

Default wood cook stoves

I saw one at Allen and Peterson's once. It was awesome looking, but darn expensive. I think it was in 3500 dollar range. That was years ago, and I don't know if it was a special item, or they carry them.

Default I am very currious to see what is availabble too

I have an antique I had used for years and it is worne out
    I am hoping to resore it and put it back to work again. It heated every house we lived in very nicely . I can't post pictures but the fire box would fit a large loaf of bread. The oven is about 14X14 I installed an oven thermometer in the door.
    I had salvaged it from a antique store scrap yard for 20 bucks and was well worth it. Had to mix match lids and yoke for the top but it is sevirely decayed now every where on it, and i want to find another one too. so we are both watching .

I have a Home Comfort, but you aint getting it.

Used it for many years when we got here, Mom baking bread,( it was worth splitting the wood for the hot buns that came out of that thing)

It needs a little work, but is in pretty good shape still.

Has the warming ovens, and the water resivors.

Default Lehmans.com

Not in AK, but it's one of the most extensive selection in the country because it's main client are the Amish...everything you need to go 'amish'...both old style and new wood/multi-fuel cook stoves, etc etc. Think lifetime investment (esp. at these prices). Haven't bought and shipped to AK with them though. Been there; amazing to see dozens of horses and buggies tied up in front of the place. Transport of choice from America's masters of living off the grid.

i forgot about them ..they are a good place to start ..

I have an old antique wood cook stove at my remote home and have been looking for someone or information on refurbishing it. Anyone know of a place in Alaska that could help with that?

Thanks

Just seen a add in the www.deltanewsweb.com for one.

Its a "Bakers Choise" or something like that, not sure what you are looking for, but check it out in the classifed section.