Thread: Ammunition?

Default Ammunition?

Does anybody out there know of any retailer that will ship ammunition to Alaska? I have tried every one that I can think of and keep getting only no's. Sick of paying "extra premium" prices and not getting the ammo I really want. Help me out if you can. Thanks

Try J&Gsales in prescott AZ.
    lotsa ammo there

They are very Alaska friendly, and smart.
    You will need a "consolidator", I used Nac-link (They may have another name now) but anyway, ground shipped to the conslidator in Seattle and then thrown onna cargo plane.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Be careful of J&G. I purchased shotgun shells by the case from them. The last time I received a shipment of 3 cases it several months to open one case of Centurion defense loads. Someone had removed 3 boxes, at $10 per box, and replaced them with used up packing tape rolls. The rolls fit very nicely but were not worth $10 each. Because of the amount of time that had passed I figured I was toast. My email to J&G produced nothing but a nasty unsigned response. Needless to say it is easier for me to find a different source than an Alaskan. Do what you got to do just be careful. Maybe I should ship ammunition to Alaska. Wouldn't want to hurt any locals though.

Graf & Sons
    www.grafs.com
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I live less than one hour from two great ammo retailers. One has already been mentioned (Graf & Sons), the other is MIDWAYUSA. Don't know about their Alaska shipment policies, but can't hurt to ask.
    Might also want to try auction services such as gunbroker or auctionarms to get your ammo. They usually list the cost if they ship to Alaska.
    Good Luck