Thread: Nothing bad here

Default Nothing bad here

Yaaaa, no tag to draw or lose out on, I just go shopping....

This last go around brought me and company out on a ride to procure meat and scout for Bears, Black and Brown, as we have plenty of fresh snow, and tracking would be (Literlly) Killer'

Hooked onto a massive Wolf who first dodged us , put on some serious speed, and then turned stage left and Up, up, up into the impenatrable relm of the rocky mountain top, where no snowgo may venture.......next time, "maby".........~~LOL!!~~

Theres few Rifles as good as a Mosin Nagant, my M-39 varient and my faith Czeck LPS loads......

Nothing like headshots .......... Ptarmigan dont have shoulders..~~LOL!!~~

Fur sure isnt safe......

And of course, my favorite brakfast ,lunch and dinner, Caribou.

No Bear tracks, back in their dens, as we have had wicked snow and blow storms for 4 days, and we were out in the last of it all, but tomarrow will be a ride as well, and its seriousely nice out there, nice and smooth with the tundra covered now.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

way to go stranger......looks tasty....hope you bust that wolf or one of his buddies good luck with the bears, im looking too. Anchorage and the valley got SLAMMED with snow today....so the bears mite have gone back to bed.....

Release Lake Trout

That Wolf might have a looooooong day tomarrow

What is really nice about it all was that it was almost too warm...raingear bibs , a change of gloves and otherstuff was a nessesity, as what ever snow was kicking up was melting all over us...~~LOL!!~~ I didnt like the damp at all, but nothings free, and I'm glad we brought our nessesitys. By midday it went from snow and blow to stillness, sunshine and sunburn.....

"Breakup" starts with "Meltdown"

looks like you had a good day good luck on getting the wolf. Chris

Default pic

Good pictures Stranger, what caliber is that rifle?? Looks like you can really shoot it! Are most of them accurate?

Default Aw shush up!

I'm going to get together a C130 charter full of folks to come hunt your hunting grounds. We will decimate the game numbers and force the ADFG to turn it into a tier or draw hunt. That'll fix your wagon you gloating bass turd!.

P.S. Though I've been enjoying my old Russian on the range as is, I have decided to sporterize it with a Boyd's Monte Carlo stock (walnut), a MOJO Microclick rear sight, and a bent bolt. We'll see how it works out (but I'll hold onto the old stock just in case).

That Wolf I chased? It runs no more...........~~LOL!!~~
    Went back today and he had indeed returned along his yesterdays trails, before we had sent him off Up mountains.... Blowing the loose snow away let me know the tracks were fresh, and Off we went on a 22 mile track and spot hunt. I figure we were about 2 hours behind this guy and needing to keep up the pace.....
    Twas not easy at all, involving deep snow, deep creeks, trees and mountain sides that are normally no place to ride, but we were giong for it and actually getting a rig stuck(*&%$#@!!!) and left behind with the Wolf in sight and running....~~LOL!!~~......with gusto and a laugh......
    My pard had his semi .223, I my M-39, and on we went, hill and dale untill I spotted him about a mile ahead , a black dot speeding up the base of a mountain.
    With smooth snow and a fast ride we closed fast, up, up , up the long ridge that went Up, up, up...untill we were 300 or so yards below the Wolf , running, hopping and loping untill it was so steep he turn aside the mountain and ran along the side, we came to a stop as we could climb no further without flipping back, and with a bad feeling of fliping back and down the steep slop myself, I wrestled with the snowmachine that had decided to roll down the slope without us. I stopped the rig on its side, with out busting the windsheild or loseing gas, and picked up my rifle for a quick snow in the bore check, I sat down to get stedy, meanwhile Ad took his shot.....all of them.....like 10, but the range was just too far and he ws dancing them around this guy, untill the Wolf, at a comfortable 500+ yards paused to look, and I took my shot, M-39 , Czeck LPS. and held about 2 foot above his back.
    I hit about mid way between his feet and he jumped up and trotted on.
    He had a steady gait, so I figured another try was in order.................A bit of Kentuckey windage and being downhill, I held 3 feet above and a Wolfs length ahead and gave it a go..........and dropped it right into his chest
    The rest is Wolf Pelt.

To those who want to hear "the whole truth" I apologize for mashing a quite long story into such a breif mush up of a story, like a train wreck..... but Im tired ~~LOL!!~~

I will endevor to persevere..........~~LOL!!~~

Now that Black dog is rare.not too many of them around here

The whole truth sounds like too much law, Chip. How about "the rest of the story" like the radio used to say.
    Your son told us about your "Hail Mary" shot and you did get lucky, didnt you.
    He told us you guys later came on a pack of them hounding a Moose above Kiana.
    Going to trade? I saw it after the races yesterday, its an awsome sized pelt. Good job.

Randy

You will regret shooting the wolf you know. Your village will now fill with mice and rats because the wolf ain't there to eat them. I saw a movie that wolves eat fifty rats a day to live as its the only meat they eat.