Thread: i need to find a small log slitter unit

Default i need to find a small log slitter unit

iam looking for a small log slitter unit to make up small pieces of wood for the stove i have in the small cabin i have ..the stove fire box is small and it not really design for a super sized log unit .. i was looking more for a small log slitter unit to make more of a kinding type of wood pieces for each piece to be feed to the stove ..

the wood has to be cut to the size -x-12.inchs long -x-3 inch sized ..so i figure to cut it down to a bout 10.inchs long -x-2.inch sized sticks of wood to use in the stove..

the stove on the wall set up has the flashing steel piece going half way up the wall behind the unit ..it sits about 18 inchs off the floor ..

after that put the cut down sized pieces in a small shed like to let them dry and be ready for burning dureing the next fall and winter time when the cold weather hits us again..

here is a few pictures of the model

the bottom base unit looks like this for a platform for the unit along with stowage of the wood on the bottom for use in the stove unit ..the unit is design to heat up to a 300.sq ft place ,.. my cabin is right at 300.sq ft ..

here is a design picture of the base..

i believe AIH has a small wood splitter for like 200 bucks right now....they work great!

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    i believe AIH has a small wood splitter for like 200 bucks right now....they work great!
    Did you get one of these? I been looking at them and tempted but they seem small. I dont have huge logs but need something with a little power. How well does this work?
    "One Last Cast"

i have not gone yet to look at them ..

Quote Originally Posted by fk 107 View Post
    Did you get one of these? I been looking at them and tempted but they seem small. I dont have huge logs but need something with a little power. How well does this work?
    We got one of them they work pretty good, with a couple of exceptions. They don't well in temperatures below freezing and take at least a 3500w generator to run them. If you don't have anything over 12" or a lot of knots they will get you by.
    Chuck