Thread: Stormkloth II

Default Stormkloth II

Has anybody used this stuff in Alaska? There was a bunch on sale at the Sportsman's Show so I picked up the top and bottoms.

I'm wondering how it holds up in the rain and how durable the fabric is. They wear like a pair of sweatpants and stretch nicely.

There is not a lot of info out there on this product so I'm curious on it's performance.

I picked up a set there also and was impressed by the feel of it and the price. Boondocks in Eagle River also sells it, they said that they have only heard good back from those who have bought it.

I'm taking my Stormkloth II bear hunting this week, hope to post up a review when I get back.

Stormkloth sounds like some all weather loin cloth for the "traditional" hunting minded. Haven't heard of it.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by fishslayer View Post
    I'm taking my Stormkloth II bear hunting this week, hope to post up a review when I get back.
    Looking forward to your review

My initial impressions are that Stormkloth2 gear is well made and well though out. When I first went into the tree stand it was rather warm, yet the pit zips allowed for good air flow. As it cooled down I stayed comfortable and was glad by the end of the night that I was wearing good gear. I managed to shoot a bear the first night and it dropped into a creek. Needless to say, the creek flowed over the top of my boots, but I didn't notice until I took them off and the legs were wet but I wasn't. That's pretty good water resistance.
    The third night of our hunt it rained hard, and I was a bit cool after sitting for hours and then walking through the brush. It kept the water out pretty good, and only the outside was wet at the end of the night.

Everyone should go to facebook and check out their StormKloth II
    page. You can post pictures and see what garments they have.

Bringing back and old thread, just wondering if people are still happy with their Stormkloth clothing?