Thread: planning a moose trip up the yukon....suggestions?

Default planning a moose trip up the yukon....suggestions?

I am new to the forum but I figured this is a good spot to get some good information on a hunt. I put in a bunch of permits and didn't get drawn for anything, so I am planning on taking a trip up the Yukon and would like some suggestion on where to put in and how far up to go. I have been doing some research on my own, but some different advice is always worthwhile.

You can launch at the Elliot and Yukon river bridge. Load as much gas your your boat will float and follow all the other boats. That boat ramp will be as busy as the Walmart on PFD day.

Good Luck

Steve

Default Float Hunt

Let me be the first to tell you..... Get Mike Strahan's "Float hunting Alaska's wild rivers" Mike Strahan is a wealth of knowledge and a super nice guy to boot. Give him a shout for sure. His planning services are superb and for the money you pay you will not only have a well planed and thought out hunt, you will become a better hunter and learn things about hunting Alaska you never thought you needed to know. I have used his service in the past and would/will use it again.

Do like me. Get yerself a girlfriend in one of the villages in the area you wish to hunt. Problem solved.
    Now what ?

What about going up to circle and putting in and going up about 30 miles or so towards the Charlie River? I am new to river hunting and want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by tduft907 View Post
    What about going up to circle and putting in and going up about 30 miles or so towards the Charlie River? I am new to river hunting and want to check it out.
    Gets busy that way...but WTH, it gets busy everywhere. Need to know where you can and can't hunt though (native land).
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"