Thread: Dipnetting from Boat Charter

Default Dipnetting from Boat Charter

First, would it be legal to charter a boat for dipnetting? Second, is there anyone doing such a business. I'm tired of going to the beach and dealing with the crowd but I'm also too cheap to buy a boat just to dipnet my annual subsistance allowance. I'd be more than happy to pay a reasonable amount to dipnet my fish from a boat.

Default Where do you go to dipnet?

That is the main factor!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default Where I go

I normally go to the Kenai South shore. But I want to dipnet from a boat in the lower Kenai dipnetting area. I'm just tired of doing the Kenai walk and fighting the sand and all.

Default PM me... I just got some leads...

LOL, I can put you on some commercial charters!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Exclamation Caution

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    LOL, I can put you on some commercial charters!!
    Becareful you should have seen the the last guy that the whop pimped a charter for. He came back from a hard days dipping only to find his motorhome housing Japanese roe technicians.
    Last edited by fullbush; 04-14-2010 at 19:07. Reason: (now thats funny I don't care who ya are!)

Default ding ding ding

Is it legal to commercial charter and be a subsistence guide? If it is all i gotta say is wow. Is it just me or does that just seem not quite right?Maybe if we approached the state we could get them to build a little "fish pen" by the parking lot and those who don't wanna do the work to subsist can just pull the ol winnebego up to a drive thru window and get their quota and be on the way. Might help with the crowding.

Default good luck

Sure, it's legal to hire a guide to take you dipnetting. I'd get a hold of Kenai River guide and see if he'd want to take you on his "off days". The only thing you might want to check out is if the guide has a saltwater 6 pack license and not the freshwater 6 pack license. I hope you have friends that want to go because you'll probably have to buy the whole boat for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by gotfish? View Post
    Is it legal to commercial charter and be a subsistence guide? If it is all i gotta say is wow. Is it just me or does that just seem not quite right?Maybe if we approached the state we could get them to build a little "fish pen" by the parking lot and those who don't wanna do the work to subsist can just pull the ol winnebego up to a drive thru window and get their quota and be on the way. Might help with the crowding.
    there is no "quota" for dipnetting. Its called a limit. Oh and its called personal use not subsistence

Default Thank you fuubush

You took the post right out of my mouth
    By the way, those Japanese roe techs only stayed for a week but boy, were there a lot of pissed off seagulls mad about watching all that roe get shipped out

Quote Originally Posted by tcman View Post
    The only thing you might want to check out is if the guide has a saltwater 6 pack license and not the freshwater 6 pack license.
    Why? Dipping from a boat is allowed from the W-A Bridge to the city ramp. How is that not considered fresh water?
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Default already got em

Don't we already have the ability to go pick the fish up out of a pen? What's the difference between that and a fishwheel on the copper?

Default Eaglequest at deshka

Ray Roth at Deshka landing does charters/drop off specifically for hooligan starting around the 15th of May.
    His # is 495-1116
    Website is http://www.eaglequestalaska.com/
    Highly recommended!!
    BK

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Personal use + charter = Sport?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Not looking for sport. Looking to fill my freezer and avoid the beach. It makes no economical sense to buy a boat and motor to do that during a couple weeks each year. But then again, maybe I could buy a boat and start my own business. How many people do you think would pay for that service? No it's not about sport. Maybe you prefer to catch all your's with a rod and reel. I prefer the guarantee of a dipnet and since it's perfectly legal to dipnet from a boat I'm willing to pay someone to provide that service.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Personal use + charter = Sport?