Thread: Alaska Fly Fishers Auction Friday

hap

Default Alaska Fly Fishers Auction Friday

Anyone going? It is at the Millenium starting about 4:30.
    art

I did not know about it. since I live around the corner I think I will stop in
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I'm IN! Don't really need anything, but sometimes I don't know I can't live without something until I see it! Noble cause, with great deals as well!

hap

I'll be there trying to keep an eye on the Silent Auction... Stop by and say hello!
    art

sometimes it's not clear.
    if one posted the message such as " Alaska Fly Fishers Auction Friday " I think it wouldn't be hard to specify where ? .

hap

Quote Originally Posted by neverborn View Post
    sometimes it's not clear.
    if one posted the message such as " Alaska Fly Fishers Auction Friday " I think it wouldn't be hard to specify where ? .
    And from my initial post "It is at the Millenium starting about 4:30."

But you are absolutely correct, those new to ANC might not know what or where the Millenium is. It is a big hotel on Spenard Road, just North of International Airport Rd.

We will be on the third floor, Reddington Ballroom. The elevators will drop you in the middle of things, or a trip up the twisty stairs will get you there also.
    thanks for asking!
    art

What org is the recipient of the auction?

I don't know anything about the gathering but am always interested in combining recreation and a good cause.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

hap

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    What org is the recipient of the auction?

I don't know anything about the gathering but am always interested in combining recreation and a good cause.
    The AK Fly Fishers is the club that auctions stuff off, mostly donations, to use for various projects. The non-profit monies we make are used for our educational programs as well as supporting Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters. We gave CFR several thousand dollars last year for their retreats and we just started the PHW chapter here in AK.

Lots of good stuff... We give scholarships each year to fishery related science fair projects at elementary, middle school, and HS levels.

You likely have seen our pattern book? We are looking at doing another edition...
    art

hap

We will be working on the auction item descriptions later today and setting things up for scheduling... But there are some good things in the line-up!

Several incredible trips are included, like a Blueberry Island trip from George Riddle, and Brooks Camp, and Bear Trail Lodge...

Mark Huber won a Winston rod in our raffle in December and donated it back to the club. Being a Winston rep has its privileges! It will be there with a half-dozen or so others. An Orvis Superlight bamboo, Sage, TFO, and others...

Some good reels...