Thread: 20Mile River

Default 20Mile River

Anyone ever went up 20 mile? What is it like?

You should no problems in canoe for the frist 3 miles it pretty wide and slow. Then the river picks up a little faster as you go back. I haven't seen alot canoes. Lots of packrafts tho. Check out be fun.

i went up the 20 mile last fall about 3.5, maybe 4 miles in my 14ft bluefin with a 25hrs shortshaft....it was pretty gnarly to me as it was the first time ive ever gone up a river in that boat, and the first time i ever went up the 20mile. some dead falls and it gets super shallow in some spots....if i ever do it again, i think ill just stop at the first big slough on the right.....no reason for me to go any further as the fishing sucked at the next 3 sloughs (unless you like little dollies stealin your bait 5-12" long)......also alot of traffic up that river all day long. i saw mokais goin up it pretty good

Release Lake Trout

Default Raft

Thinking more on getting a raft and towing a smaller one behind with all my gear init for a hunting trip.

black bear, griz, moose, goat? really tough country to hunt back there....very brushy and swampy....not to discourage you, but visibility on the banks and beyond is nigh to zero

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by mustang0335 View Post
    Anyone ever went up 20 mile? What is it like?
    I take a square stern up 20 mile to my little dipnettin honey hole for hoolies every year......and that is all I ever do on that river.....too many people and too close to anchorage for me.