Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was palmer creek road closed to atvs?

Default Why was palmer creek road closed to atvs?

Can someone give me insight on this. I used to drive this trail 12 years ago and loved it but i am hearing this is shut down. Any ideas why?

Well had they stayed on the Palmer Creek Road there would not have been a problem. However it seems that it is not much fun to stay on the designated road.

Default was that the reason or are you just spouting your

thoughts on the matter

spicy response.........

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerhav View Post
    Was that the reason, or are you just spouting your thoughts on the matter

I only live here........What do I know......??? (It is interesting how often I find myself SORRY that I aspired to help, members on this forum).

Perhaps, you would find a answer that you liked better by calling: The Chugach National Forest Office @ 743-9500 (Anch.) or you could call my neighbor Merlyn S. he works a
    @ the Glacier Ranger District Office @ 783-3242 (Girdwood)

If all fails call the Seward Office, and ask for Ranger known as "The Hitman"

whatever happened to "move to hope and be happy for the rest of your life" ?

AGL has been a bitter old man lately! Cheer up buddy life isn't that bad you live in Hope remember

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    AGL has been a bitter old man lately! Cheer up buddy life isn't that bad you live in Hope remember

SORRY, It has been a LOOOOOOOOONG Winter, a Good winter, but very long........

Quote Originally Posted by andweav View Post
    whatever happened to "move to hope and be happy for the rest of your life" ?

Still no call for being rude, when your asking for information. I tend to forget that everyone was not born in the first half of the last century.

Can someone give me insight on this. I used to drive this trail 12 years ago and loved it but i am hearing this is shut down. Any ideas why?
    Because that's what Government is best at...........telling you what you can't do.

Default What else has the government ever done?

Is it a safe assumption that this trail is near Seward then?
    I haven't heard of it before, probably because it is another trail the government closed for a LARGE proportion of Alaskans.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

No, it is near Hope, not Seward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    Is it a safe assumption that this trail is near Seward then?
    I haven't heard of it before, probably because it is another trail the government closed for a LARGE proportion of Alaskans.
    Mike

NO.......it is OPEN to ALL People (Alaskan or not). It is an awesomely beautiful valley, YOU would enjoy "HIKING" and HUNTING there.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    NO.......it is OPEN to ALL People (Alaskan or not). It is an awesomely beautiful valley, YOU would enjoy "HIKING" and HUNTING there.

Well said. Rep inbound.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Open to "Hiking" and "ATVing" or just "Hiking"????

Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    Open to "Hiking" and "ATVing" or just "Hiking"????

Open to "HIKING", Snow Machining, Cross Country Skiing. Closed to destruction by ATVs. Had they stayed "ON" the road bed and even the trail beds, they would most would likely still be welcome. However the willful destruction of Public property by a few immature or selfish riders compelled the closure.

Default Highway legal vehicles only

According to this publication put out by our Washington Masters;

http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCU...rdb5143457.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    According to this publication put out by our Washington Masters;

http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCU...rdb5143457.pdf

When the snow depth is sufficient to protect the vegetation, it is opened for use by Snow Machines. We ride up there all winter.

Default agl, thanks for you responses but like some hint

you sound like a pissed off old man. Sorry about that if it is the case. Also to all your hitmen in the national forest service good for them that they are on your side.

Last time i was at hope was 12 years ago and dont sound like there is much reason to come back. Sorry you can keep your granola hiking to yourself. If i wanted to go off on some trail they are a dime a dozen. It is to bad that the national forest service is becoming an entity of the national park service. You know the stick, cater to environazis, granolas and the marijuana crowd but not us good hard working outdoorsmen. Funny on the map provide the only atv trail they show in the forest is one that is a whopping 1/2 mile long. Makes me want to load up the vehicles, drive down from wasilla and spend 10 seconds riding that trail.

Looks like i will be heading on to the real alaska and simply say piss on HOPE. Hope where did i hear that last????

you sound like a pissed off old man. Sorry about that if it is the case.

I am, and Please do not be sorry, as it is not your fault. It is the Granola that makes me constipated.

It is 4:30 AM and I have to go pre-heat my D-8 Dozer so I can plow my driveway, see my fully chained-up Military 6X6 "Duce and Half" ain't climbing the mountain. Then I'll fire up the Case 450B and plow a trail to the Grain barn and the outhouse (Just in case all that Granola brakes loose, and I have a massive rectal eruption). See even Granola'eaters own ATVs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast