Thread: Aire Inflatables for hunting

Default Aire Inflatables for hunting

Didnt want to hijack KK's thread so am starting this one. I have a 11 foot Zodiac we use as a tender on our ocean boat but looking for something smaller we can motor with human power.
    We hunt Kodiak often for deer and it would be nice to have a inflatable for crusing around when the weather is good. It would have to carry 2 adults and 2 day packs. I wouldnt mind making another trip to go back and get another load of boned out deer meat. Have some canoeing experience but not much. Would also be fun to drop this in the Kenai and hit some good red spots as well. Not to concerned with price as I realize you get what you pay for so will give myself a budget of $2k.
    Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
    Tennessee

Forgot to add I would favor stability over speed.
    Tennessee

Default safe paddling

I like the inflatable canoe or kayak idea,with the canoe being the one I would choose.
    http://www.alaskaseries.com/Tripper%20canoe.htm
    This canoe is a performer for many purposes, it is extremely durable, has a 5 year no matter what happens to it warranty, ( even if a bear eats it),, and it paddles like a canoe,, its the only inflatable canoe I have seen since grabner that you can paddle like a normal canoe,, most inflatable canoes are really wide due to the tube size and so you almost need to use a kayak paddle to make them work,, also the canoe has a very cool idea, you can drop a small outboard motor on it,, it goes right thru a boot in the floor, so you have a double ender canoe for great paddling, and a transom inside the canoe for the extra push if you decide you like it.
    I talked to two fellows that hunted on the tributary rivers of the Yukon last year, that bought two of these, they put 2 hp honda motors on and away they went,, well away they went and shot two moose and hauled them out in the canoes, no problem,,,, also the canoe can carry easily 1300 lbs,, that is a moose and two guys,,, that is if you can find enough room.. but they are have more room than anyother paddle type canoe or kayak I have seen of this gender.. they are made with heavy PVC material and very very tough.. they weigh like 70 lbs though so not a play toy either..

Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Nice rig, but holy cow! $4,500 bucks?
    Tennessee

That's the list price. I'm betting it's not the price you will have to pay.

Default Holy cow is right!

Yes that is a list price... and I can't remember off the top of my head what the sportsman show price is, but its alot less than that list price.
    send Jim an email and see if he has a demo model in stock or what the sale price is..
    Two years ago when we had the forum float on the Kenai river, two of the canoes showed up. One was the 14 footer the other the 17 footer.
    One fellow paddled the 14 footer down the Kenai Canyon alone, and he did great,, the other one had two people in it and they ran that chute below the princess lodge several times for fun,, they did fine..

Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Could a motor mount be attached to the Aire Traveler? Like the idea of adding a 2 hp outboard and the Travler has higher seats which would make getting in and out a lot easier.
    Tennessee