Thread: Outhouse Tiedown?

Default Outhouse Tiedown?

this seems like a silly question but do i need to tie down my outhouse? it is 4ft by 4ft and is pretty heavy. i would hate to have the thing blow over. it is in the trees but not totally out of the wind. what do other people do with theirs? should i put a couple ground anchors and cable tie it down?

Default What I did:

I used to commercial fish out of a really windy place. Also, we had occasional high tides that would flood out the low land where our cabin was. I overcame the problem of the outhouse falling over by driving stakes at each of the corners and attaching the outhouse to the stakes with screws. I did the same with a smoke house. For my steambath I buried a "dead man" in the middle of each side and ran ropes form the corners of the gables down to the dead man. It never floated off.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kobuk View Post
    this seems like a silly question but do i need to tie down my outhouse? it is 4ft by 4ft and is pretty heavy. i would hate to have the thing blow over. it is in the trees but not totally out of the wind. what do other people do with theirs? should i put a couple ground anchors and cable tie it down?
    out on the claim, after a night of heavy winds.. i make sure my buddy goes to the out house FIRST... if he don't come back i knew i blew over and i need a hot bucket of water and a rope
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Duck-Billed Anchors and cable through the roof. Every outhouse (5) and some of the cabins I have built ALL have have been anchored. My 16' X 24' cabin on Lake Clark was chained down. It one takes one 110 MPH Gust to do a lot of damage.