Thread: Need a production left hand rifle

Default Need a production left hand rifle

Who makes a production left handed 7mm-08 or 270? Would prefer something in stainless. I have a right handed Kimber Montana 270 WSM and 7mm-08 and would like to get the girlfriend one as well but she is a southpaw. Trying to get her to shoot more, especially since she drew a permit. She has shot a bunch before but I thought it was time to get her, her own lefty gun.

Browning, Savage, Ruger, Weatherby, Tikka, Remmington. I'm sure there are others but not as many choices as this lefty would like.

I just bought the Savage in 325 wsm, own the Browning A-bolt in 375 h&h and a Ruger m77 in 300 win.

Some good info here

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=76306
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Ruger stopped making Lefty stainless rifles and I believe Remington has as well.
    Tennessee

Default winchester

I almost bought a new winchester 270 last fall, nice looking gun!

Remington had a few. Here is a couple links the lefty compact version comes in 7mm08.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...s-compact.aspx

http://www.remington.com/product-cat...s.aspx?panel=4

Default Still looking for something in Stainless

The compact remington looked nice but I am going to try to find a stainless. Kimber I found out does not make any left handed rifles. Winchester might. Going to find out tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    The compact remington looked nice but I am going to try to find a stainless. Kimber I found out does not make any left handed rifles. Winchester might. Going to find out tomorrow
    Good luck, as a lefty myself I know the search for specific models can be challenging.

Browning, Savage, Remington,all make what your looking for .Finding it maybe the tough part .Sportsman has the best selection or try Budsgunshop .com out of Ky.Allways done good with me and my lefty habit

Default Tikka, Savage, Browning

Tikka, Savage, and Browning all make LH stainless rifles. I don't know of any who make a LH stainless compact.

I have a Tikka in 30-06 (T3 lite stainless,) and a Browning Micro-hunter in 7mm-08.

Another guy on a LH thread recently noted that lefties can usually be trusted to remember to clean/wipe down their equpiment after a wet day, so I'd choose good fit over stainless/synth if that's what it came down to.
    Drink indigenous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointbock View Post
    Tikka, Savage, and Browning all make LH stainless rifles. I don't know of any who make a LH stainless compact.

I have a Tikka in 30-06 (T3 lite stainless,) and a Browning Micro-hunter in 7mm-08.

Another guy on a LH thread recently noted that lefties can usually be trusted to remember to clean/wipe down their equpiment after a wet day, so I'd choose good fit over stainless/synth if that's what it came down to.
    Roger that, finding the perfect left handed rifle is tough and sometimes you have to compromise on some things, or wait unitil that magical moment happens. I have sort of evolved into shooting lever guns and Ruger No. 1s.