Thread: 7mm RUM

Default 7mm RUM

Howdy all, I just got word that I'll be heading up your way for about 18 months come this fall and was wondering what the general consensus on the Remington 700 CDL chambered for 7mm Ultra Mag is, I plan on using this for some hunting and general protection out in the boonies. Is this going to be enough of a round to drop something big and nasty headed my way or should I look into a .338 or .375? Thank you for your time.
    Jeramy

It will work. Contrary to commonly reported BS, we do not have giant enraged Brown Bears waiting around every turn of the trail. And when you do see them they generally go their way, while you go yours. Black Bears are much more of a probability and they can get themselves into trouble due to their curious nature. They get themselves shot by folks who think that a bear of any sort within 50 yards is attacking them.

Just finding a regular game animal is getting to be less commonplace. Lots of visitors looking to shoot something, plenty of guide outfits feeling the pressure to make an income, all the guys in the village stretching the meaning of open season and all the other residents wandering around trying to do the same thing.

xx

Thank you Sir, I appreciate your insight.

Stick with a bonded or better yet a partition bullet of 160 grains or more. I am sure that thing can really blast em out there. I have not seen one yet. Although I have played with the 7mm STW which was fast enough to make close in shots break up upon impact, if a flimsy bullet was used.

xx