Thread: Moose creek to Deshka

Default Moose creek to Deshka

Has anyone ever done this float? I'm not thinking of doing but know of some folks going to do it? I'm assuming one of them knows what they are doing... I guess some boy scouts did it last year or the year before who knows but I guess they figure if the boy scouts can do it they can to LOL. I figured at least they aren't tryign to float the Kahiltna or Yentna rivers. What about taking a boat up into the Deshka? Now I would be up for that and if so are you limited on the size of the boat ie max 20 footer?

Plenty of people have floated the Moose to the Deshka. Canoes or rafts can be used depending on water level.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    What about taking a boat up into the Deshka?
    many do...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    are you limited on the size of the boat ie max 20 footer?
    not really a max size...more depends on water level, boat type, and driving...I've seen a 22ft thunder jet with a big block past Neil Lake before...he probably bumped a few rocks but he was there...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

jet boating up the deshka is not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced.
    you will have to bank some corners and riffles to stay off the rocks. if you aren't in complete control of your boat, stay near the mouth....... for everyone's sake. people have died in collisions up there and i have soiled a couple of pairs of waders, as a passenger, on a couple white knuckle king trips. sketchy. take care, abel6wt

Default Moose cr

Do a search, lots of stuff written. Actually Kroto is much better than Moose as a starting point. Done them both several times.