Thread: Schmidt Bender Summit 2.5-10X42

Default Schmidt Bender Summit 2.5-10X42

Love the idea of a 1" 2nd focal plane S&B, anyone have any experience with this scope yet? I am trying to decide between this scope and a Klassic 3-12X42 for a custom .300 weatherby. Oh which way to go?

...And no Im not interested in Swaro, Zeiss, or Nightforce.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    Love the idea of a 1" 2nd focal plane S&B, anyone have any experience with this scope yet? I am trying to decide between this scope and a Klassic 3-12X42 for a custom .300 weatherby. Oh which way to go?

How in the heck could you ever need more than the S&B, For get any and all 3-12X42 for Alaska. Just to much and not close to being needed.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    Do you just love the 'circle-dot' logo, or do you have another reason for not being interested in the others?

I feel that comparing S&B to Swaro and NF, the optics are better, not much, and but to me there is a difference. And I sure like a circle dot a lot more than a blue flag.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

I have not had all the models of S&B the ones I do have have proven that nothing comes close to them for optics. That little difference as you call it does not seem to be available in any other make of scope. It clearly puts S&B in a league of their own. Just like the best you can find in great binos, S&B does it for rifle scopes.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson