Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Results Errors or just not 100% updated?

Default Draw Results Errors or just not 100% updated?

The Sunday Paper and online list says I won the DS141. When I look it up online by hunt number or species I am not listed. When I type in my name it says I didn't win anything but doesn't show all the permits I put in for.

So did I win the permits that are not listed, sheep and moose?

Do you think I won anything?

I just noticed this and have not called F&G yet. Just odd.

Same for my dad though. Paper says he drew DB468, but when I look elsewhere nothing shows up.

What gives guys? Will people who don't think they won get paper permits mailed to them and be totally surprised?

Still baffled! If nothing else, will wait and see what shows up in the mail. Very confusing to say the least though. Plus depending on the results will factor into what gear I buy.

Last years results?

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    When I look it up online by hunt number or species I am not listed. When I type in my name it says I didn't win anything but doesn't show all the permits I put in for.
    Where are you finding this online? I have been looking, but all I can find is the large pdf with all the names.

Last year you could go in and look up your name and it would show what you applied for. I just thought that with the new system that feature was gone.

Look at the pdf of results relased by the ADFG on their website.

if you are trying to use the link from ADN...
    I noticed the link is incomplete; some kind of program error. I noticed several gaps in the names when using the ADN link/program.

Go to ADFG for the results; not sure if this is what you are talking about.

Default Ahhh man

I was just getting content with the feeling of not drawing anything again. I am sure I still have not got anything but, this talk about incomplete info is going to have me scouring the F&G web site off and on all night.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Default waiting for a permit to be mailed to you

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Still baffled! If nothing else, will wait and see what shows up in the mail. Very confusing to say the least though. Plus depending on the results will factor into what gear I buy.
    That might not be the best strategy. Not sure what F&G's timing is this year, but last year I got mailed to me the first thing about a permit I drew, just 3 days before the season started (in August). If I hadn't looked online I'd have had no idea that I drew until then.

But maybe they're getting faster? Don't know.

http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/index...up.lookup_main

If you were searching at the above link, it has NOT been updated for 2010. I suspect it may not never be since ADFG was talking about a "new program". They weren't clear what that means from an IT perspective but whatever the case, that database is old info.

I'd say if you're in the pdf on ADFG's site, you win. Congratulations.

I did not put in for these permits last year, same with my dad. We are definately on the PDF list. I guess the whole pic the hunt number and type in your name, then your AKDL is not updated for 2010. It is on the same page though and the link takes you to where you can type in your name. That is what I did while on vacation. So just thought I donated without winning.

We don't win every year, but we do win permits often it seems. So was surprised when my co-workers told me I won a permit. Makes for a good Monday morning!!

The link where you can pick the hunt number or species says 2009, I just thought it was for the year you applied in, December 31st 2009 deadline. I guess just my error it seems, but odd the link are available. Confusing none the less.

Sorry for getting anyones hopes up. Trust the PDF list I guess.

Ok, since I'm a dork - I saved their page and modified the HTML so I could query 2010 and there is no data in that database for the most recent application period (2010).

The PDF is it.

Chris, congrats on your DS141 tag!

Default Interesting

I went through the whole list off the F&G site to find out who else drew Raspberry Elk Oct 1 and though the supplement said there were 8 permits to be drawn, I only found five names with DE702 on the list???
    Are there more somewhere else, I may have missed it as it is a long list and I was looking for other things at the same time but, that is interesting isn't it?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    I went through the whole list off the F&G site to find out who else drew Raspberry Elk Oct 1 and though the supplement said there were 8 permits to be drawn, I only found five names with DE702 on the list???
    Are there more somewhere else, I may have missed it as it is a long list and I was looking for other things at the same time but, that is interesting isn't it?
    Open the pdf and then use the search feature to look for DE702. That will jump you just to them and would take about 30 seconds to count.

Default Tryin this search?

Thanks Lujon, I'm trying the search tough and getting "0 documents with 0 instances" ln a DE 702 search, is there another way I tried several different advanced search options there?

Did you see it? should be eight total hunters I think from the supplement
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default De702 / 8

DE702 No space... searches are picky about the little things

Eight

1- CORVALLIS MT 59828 DE702
    2- ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    3- ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    4- ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    5- ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    6- EAGLE RIVER AK 99577 DE702
    7- KODIAK AK 99615 DE702
    8- KODIAK AK 99615 DE702

Here you go, search DE702, no gap. Soem listed are multi permit winners.

BRION S JAMES CORVALLIS MT 59828 DE702
    EICHHOLZ D JEFF ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    HILL H ZACH ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    KRINER D DREW ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    KRINER R JENNIFER ANCHORAGE AK 99507 DE702
    MOORE S MATTHEW EAGLE RIVER AK 99577 DE702
    RYDEN C ALAN KODIAK AK 99615 DE702
    WOODRUM J MICHAEL KODIAK AK 99615 DE702

Default Only Seven

Thanks guys, I couldn't pull off the search but took the time to scan down and found them, couldn't change title of post tho, I did find another strange thing, so maybe it will be only seven hunters or even six...

An interesting note I found in my search is that two of the hunters are Male and Female with same last name and they Both drew DE702, DC827, and DM710, so imagining they are from the same family, applied for the same permits, and "BOTH" won a 3% chance Elk, 6% chance Bull Caribou, and a 14% chance Antlerless Moose.... That's either a serious amount of meat for one family, too many hunts to pull off anyway, or permits maybe not fully utilized. Maybe they're not related.....

Only hoping for good success for these two, if they are husband and wife or some such and I AM NOT implying conspiracy At All but, I wonder if that was what they really need or even wanted this year?

Isn't this the computer age where they could put together a system that better allocates these permits than that? At least something where your name gets pulled from the system once you have won one hunt? There are enough other opportunites to hunt that it seems one drawing awarded to any one hunter would be enough for that year, right?

I know another guy personally, and a better guy there could not be to get awarded something but, after 27 years of applying, he got a Bison permit this year, AND a Moose, and his son got a Moose, and his other son got a Moose !! THREE Moose and One Bison is a serious amount of meat for one family................... I bet they would have preferred that be spread out over that 27 years a little better.

I played hockey with Drew as a kid but havn't talked w/ him in years. I am sure he and his family will be just fine in handling that meat. Have you heard of party tags? They reduce the odds that you will draw but if you do you get to hunt with a good buddy! Some may even choose to hunt with their wife who oddly enough would usually have the same last name. Unless things have changed drastically in the 20 years since we played hockey together they will probably climb in the plane and go. I mean, heck they used to fly back and forth to Anc to play hockey when he was a boy.

This may sound crazy but I got a Caribou tag and a sheep tag, as well as a moose tag, 3 black bear tags, a special band that lets me hunt brown bear, 6 deer tags, and another goat tag!! I don't think I will hunt the goat tag this year though but it is still a little early to tell..

A well kept secret is that there is another special license that lets you shoot wolves, coyote, wolverine and many other animals all winter.... shhhhh....don't tell anyone!!

Default special license

Yeah, I found one of those special licenses a few yrs back and like to use it the most, in fact it is all I have used ever I think,

Glad to hear these folks are hard core, I didn't mean to imply anything about them, just wondering about the system that leaves so many wishing and "Injecting Cash" into a computer that seems antiquated at best the way it doles out permits.

The other I mentioned are also well deserving hard core hunters who will undoubtedly hunt them all and be generously giving meat to a lot who can't hunt as well as having a great time in the field as a family.

Good Hunting to All, there's a lot of critters out there needing thinning...

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post

An interesting note I found in my search is that two of the hunters are Male and Female with same last name and they Both drew DE702, DC827, and DM710, so imagining they are from the same family, applied for the same permits, and "BOTH" won a 3% chance Elk, 6% chance Bull Caribou, and a 14% chance Antlerless Moose.... That's either a serious amount of meat for one family, too many hunts to pull off anyway, or permits maybe not fully utilized. Maybe they're not related.....
    As Jon pointed out, they almost certainly applied on party permit applications, where their names are only entered as one application, but if that application is drawn both people listed get permits. I would only consider doing this for something like a fly-in sheep hunt, but lots of folks prefer to go the party application route.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast