Thread: Middle Fork Trail info

Default Middle Fork Trail info

Looking for information on the Middle Fork Trail off mile 169.5 of the Richardson Highway. How far west does this trail go? River crossings? Can you cross by atv? Lots of traffic? Muddy? Fun? Any info would be appreciated.

I was about to post the same question well mine was goign to ask about the Fish Lake Trail... Well someone sent me this so I will pass it on to you and it shoudl give you a good idea. But I might do the middle fork trail
    http://aprfc.arh.noaa.gov/data/gulka...cial_rules.pdf

The fish lake trail is not exactly a summer route. Specially the river crossing and the rest of the trail along the north side. Just because a map shows a trail doesn't mean it can be travelled year round. With all the land swapping going on the different agencies have been GPSing and documenting all the easements and 'legal' trails. For example BLM had a couple guys just ride around for a few years doing only this. So be careful in your hunt planning and make sure a line on a map is actually feasable for summer use.

The trail near Miers lake is doable in late fall. Summer the river and mud could be a little deep.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Question Miers lake trail

Jkb
    Have you taken it all the way to where Swede Lake trail crosses the middle fork or to Dickey Lake during the summer? is it doable on a dry year with the wife and kids? or is it mud and winch all the way
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

The farthest I went we could see the swede lake area from the highlands. There was mud on the first couple miles of the trail but after you cross the gulkana it's a good trail. It's a beautiful area have fun. Pm me if you have more questions.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author