Thread: Need info on dx001 hunt

Default Need info on dx001 hunt

I drew dx001 Nunivak Island Muskox, looking any information you may have. This is the sepr.1-Sept.30 hunt. I dod not know many people that have done the early hunt so please help me if you can.

Thanks in advance

Default Nunivek

You should be able to find all kinds of information here by doing a search on Nunivek. I have seen lots and lots of posts from people in the past from going there.

Randy

Smile Muskox

Looking for any referrences for a transported or guide some one has used in september. I talked to the biologist and he said it was a tougher hunt than the later one. I do not know anyone that has done the early hunt, only the late one. Any info would be much appretiated.

Thank you in advance for the help

Default haven't done it myself

Bring a packer. It can be a tough hunt as you are not allowed motorized transportation on most of the island.

Search the threads and call the same transporters/guides that guys use in winter.

Default Ox hunt

I had a friend do this one a couple of years ago. It is tough. A lot tougher because of access to the herds which apparently hang out on the other side of the Island for the most part. Since there is no snow at this time he couldn't do the snow machine trek. He looked into getting a boat transport to the other side but the seas were to rough at that time. He ended up using an ATV and getting a little ways out of town and then, by a stroke of luck, he found one lone bull.

I am not sure if you can get flown over to where the bigger herd is or not. But I know that there are transporters who'll boat you over if the seas are good.

Good luck.