Thread: DM 691 Ferry bridge

Default DM 691 Ferry bridge

Does anyone know about accessing this area without crossing the ferry bridge? My rhino is to wide for the bridge. I have heard wide rigs can get there through the coal mine.
    any info. will help, thanks

Default help

well there are 2 other options. you can talk with the railroad and have them transport it, or "try" to get usabeli to let you go on that side. it's been harder and harder to get them to let people do that.

hope this helps. good luck

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/i...p=dm691&gmu=20

DM691 is the wood river CUA.. closed to motorized access except planes,you can also access it off the rex trail. bring mud tires and a big lunch.

if you access through the mine you will have to wade the totalinika river and hunt by foot from there.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Rhino on the Ferry Trail

You could take it up now and drive it across the frozen river, maybe. Find a place to leave it until hunting season and hope it is still in running condition when you get there.

Randy

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

ah... NO the time frame for crossing the river is past... things are breaking here now... considering they only got the trucks across part of march and thats it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince,

That is why I put "maybe". I figured the river was already starting to breakup.

Randy